I've joined the club

Options
Suzf
Suzf Member Posts: 44
edited October 2010 in General discussion

Tomorrow I get fitted up for the rads - I used to be on the other side at Peter Mac years ago - so now I'll have the real experience!

Comments

• Kathy_BCNA
    Kathy_BCNA Staff, Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Suzi

Hope it all went well today. All the best for your treatment.

Kathy

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

hope everything went well for you today, and welcome to the group, grear place for a chat, or just finding what everyone else has been through. so many stories to tell here from everyone.. all with an upbeat attitude.

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done, doing you bit as well as going through the journey. Good luck on Wednesday, look forward to hearing how you go with it.

Moira

• Suzf
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynx,

I have added my update to my blog for you.  I have had a few issues last week and am working on them.  I have better results now from the radiation and am working on my nightly anxiety attacks.  I hope you are doing well. Suzf

• Suzf
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lunx,

I am halfway through now and had some issues in week 2 with small burn spots coming up, the breast nurse gave me a cream Solugel that didn't seem to work for me.  I found a burns cream at my local chemist Flamigel and that worked better for me, so much so that by the end of last week the radiotherapist commented on how good my skin was looking. 

I still have muscle problems around under arm and radiating into my back, my physio has been excellent with massages and light exercises that have helped.  What helped the best was having a pillow under my arm when I am sleeping to hold it away from my breast while giving the muscles a rest.

I did struggle last week with anxiety attacks waking me in the night, subconsciously I must be worrying a lot although I know logically I can rationalize the diagnosis and treatment without any problem and shouldn't have any panic attacks but I can't control my subconscious.  So I am going to a clinical psychologist who has given me a CD from Dr Russ Hariis on Mindfullness Skills and I am using this when I wake at nights with an anxiety attack.  Seems to be working and I am able to cope with the attacks but haven't stopped them yet.  I can't understand why I am usually able to cope especially after having endometriosis I thought this would be no problem but I seem to need to be in control and ofcourse I can't be in control of everything and that must be what is worrying me so much.  Suzf