Post Surgery, Mastectomy and Reconstruction Bras

melclarity
melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
Hey All!

I wanted to share a wonderful lady I had an appointment with today, her name is Genevieve Gort and her business is Breast Care Victoria & Surgical Garments, she is a Registered Nurse but now does bra fittings for Breast Cancer Women. She works in a studio at home in Port Melbourne. I have to say it was such a wonderful experience to get out of this stupid Amoena Bra!!! and into a much better post surgery bra! she liaises with Surgeons and Plastics Nurses to try and get this different compression surgical bra in place. It zips up at the front with hooks and eyes on the shoulders. I purchased about 3 other types, they have NO underwire, 1 cream, 1 black and a Rose Coloured one, very feminine looking. They ranged from $78-$90 each, but so worth it! My health fund also paid a benefit of up to 4 garments per year up to $150, so I was out of pocket approx $160 for 4. They are so comfortable and I feel so much better! She is extremely lovely, and loves her job!! So I highly recommend this lady in Melbourne for post surgery, mastectomy and or reconstruction Bras! She has a web site but needs to be upgraded. 

Hugs

Melinda xo 

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    She sounds wonderful @melclarity! It's amazing some of the lovely people we encounter on this BC 'journey' isn't it? x
  • melclarity
    @nikkid she was referred to me from the Plastics Nurse at Royal Melbourne Hospital, so many good recommendations. Now I dont have to muddle through with Bras that are ill fitting!!! and are specific for Mastectomy/reconstruction. This is the Cream and Black ones x
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh they really are lovely. 
  • melclarity
    She's amazing Kath, she even does appointments via Skype!!! gets clients to measure she posts out some then Skype again and she does a fitting like that. Just incredible! x
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    They're gorgeous 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh so modern way via Skype, who'd thought!  Nothing like a good fitting bra to lift your spirits!
  • 57Pauline
    57Pauline Member Posts: 13
    I second everything @melclarity says about Genevieve Gort. As well as a lovely manner, she provides super helpful tips and has a solid understanding how medical insurance companies work. Highly recommended!
  • JuMuKu
    JuMuKu Member Posts: 25
    Thanks so much Melinda. It's so helpful. 
    I've just joined the online forum and already feel such a strong sense of solidarity. 
  • RubyRumble
    RubyRumble Member Posts: 39
    Got any picks of the bras?
  • RubyRumble
    RubyRumble Member Posts: 39
    @melclarity sorry just saw the pics above.
  • melclarity
    @RubyRumble what I love about them is the support, and just so comfy, so much better than I ever used to wear! :) I have a skin tone one too which is like a tshirt bra. x