Keeping busy with my pointy sticks.

AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 942
I've been keeping out of mischief, and using up odds and ends making kiddies' ponchos. Great as a distraction in the wee hours when sleep escapes. Just two of my latest batch.

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    They are lovely @AllyJay!  A great way of clearing your mind too.  Clever you xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

I'm always in awe of anyone who can knit and manage to keep a consistent tension. I am hopeless, you can look at anything I've constructed and it reads like a book. All loose and sloppy (wine) tight and scrunchy (pissed off) combination of both (watching high drama on TV) dropped stitches (trying to read at the same time)

The only items I've been happy with are the ones using wool I've spun myself, which suffers the same inconsistency as my knitting. Then I can call it rustic and pretend I meant it :)

• Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    They look great!! I'm always envious of knitters and crocheters. My stuff always looks like just how @Zoffiel described
  • Jane_Elizabeth
    Jane_Elizabeth Member Posts: 158
    Beautiful, so cuddly and cute. Well done
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    In the era coming up of no more plastic shopping bags, one of my friends wives on facebook knits them. When empty they shrink up to fit in a purse but when used they expand out to hold heaps of stuff like cereal boxes, teabags boxes etc. She sells them on for $12ea and got orders for 40 straight up. I got a couple for my mum for her birthday. The lady is very busy now. Careful what you wish for lol.
  • EarthWalkerLisha
    EarthWalkerLisha Member Posts: 74
    @AllyJay Lovely work.  I could do with a poncho right now, it's a bit chilly this morning. I'm a crocheter and crocheting helped me through most of my treatments.  My hands have been very achy stiff and sore due to peripheral neuropathy so I haven't been doing as much lately.