Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Chemo starts Wed

angg66
angg66 Member Posts: 188
Hi all,
@ CANCER!!
Ange xx

Comments

• angg66
    Don't know what happened to the rest of my post! It said "I am very apprehensive today. I start chemo (Abraxane) on Wednesday morning for my various pesky mets. I am scared of the side effects. I hate Cancer!" Ange xx
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    I would love to say there there everything will be alright. Well that may or may not be true. I think you are being realistic about being apprehensive regarding side effects...they happen....but sometimes they dont. Lets hope you have an easy time of it.  I was just looking at a brochure for courses run by the council.
    Great a walking group.....zumba sounded fun and then I remembered recently finished treatment energy really low at this time probably could not keep up(neuropathy in feet) Yep cancer sucks after effects long lingering.

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @angg66, I had abraxane and no nausea just some body aches now and then, but I found diarrhea from it was annoying to say the least as I needed to be near a toilet. I hate cancer too as we all do. Good  luck Wednesday and I hope you do well in it.
    Lisa x 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    We all hate f...... cancer and we all hate whatever treatments given for our specific one BUT as women we somehow get through it, men can't even get by without us when they have a scratch !  Rock on girl and keep in touch when you need support from afar - better to have a whinge here and get it out of your system.
    All the best for the period of your treatment.
    Summer :-)
  • angg66
    Thank you to all xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,539
    @angg66 wishing you a smooth run through treatment with minimal or no side effects!  Take care
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Hey @angg66 Hopefully by the time you read this you will have had your treatment and be safely home. Quite likely thinking WTF just happened and what comes next, but home safe. Marg xxx
  • Chantellep
    Chantellep Member Posts: 34
    Hey. Oncology feels a bit like a dark art; and you'll probably find that you have a slightly different response to each treatment. It's good to know about side effects because then you can take appropriate action ASAP without getting stressed out, but try not to worry in advance -- these things might not happen to you. Everyone is different. Be kind to yourself now as you get over your first dose and keep doing what you need to to keep well and to keep your head strong to get through the course. Women are amazing! 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    @angg66, Hope your doing okay lovely. Sending a big hug. Xx 
  • angg66
    Had my first dose of chemo last Wednesday. Feel ok. Trying to keep positive & doing normal things. Thank you all for your good wishes...
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Good start, well done. One less to go!
  • Scooper
    Scooper Member Posts: 113
    Thinking of you Angg 66.  Hope you are doing as well as expected.
    xxxxxx
  • angg66
    Hi @Scooper. I had my first chemo session last Wed. Felt fine for the first few days. Then fatigue kicked in on the weekend. I've been having afternoon naps as a result. Also having aches & pains everywhere. Next session is tomorrow! Ange xxx
  • Scooper
    Scooper Member Posts: 113
    Hi Angg66.  Good luck for tomorrow.  Hope the chemo kicks your mets to the kerb.  Rest up and look after yourself.

xxxxxxxx
  • sammy1970
    sammy1970 Member Posts: 28
    Hi angg66hope everything but the best for you and chemo gets those pests love Sam ❤️