First Blog

Louiseloveslife
Louiseloveslife Member Posts: 3
edited October 2010 in General discussion

Hi,  Im very new to BCNA and am crossing my fingers that this post will appear on my page.

Just hoping to maybe chat to someone who has gone through what I am  about to go through myself. : )

Comments

• eviealison
    eviealison Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015

Hi Louise, 

I'm pretty new to this all as well! I saw your post and thought I'd say hi! I was 26 when diagnosed in 2006. 

Hope you're doing well all things considered. Send me a message if you want to chat sometime. 

x evie

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Louise and welcome to the network. :) 

Feel free to ask if you need a hand with finding your way around.

• Michelle Blanch
    Michelle Blanch Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015

Hi Louise

I am also new to this site and working around how to use it. I am nearing the end of radiation and just want it all to be over.  Hope you are going okay and started your treatments. Take care

• Michelle Blanch
    edited March 2015

Hi Louise

I am also new to this site and working around how to use it. I am nearing the end of radiation and just want it all to be over.  Hope you are going okay and started your treatments. Take care

• Michelle Blanch
    edited March 2015

Hi Louise

• Michelle Blanch
    edited March 2015

HI again Louise

Just thought I'd also let you know I was only diagnosed in May 2010 so things have been going pretty fast since being diagnosed - two operations, then the radiation.  But as I said it is nearing the end of radiation, so it has been a world wind few months.  Have a good day

• Annie 08
    Annie 08 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015

Im new to this site as well.  I was diagnosed Dec 2008.  Since then I have had both breast removed.  Completed 6 months of Chemo and I am now taking Tamoxifen. However  I am struggling with the side efffect from it. I am having a bone mineral test next week and my oncol. said that I may be able to take a drug used for Osteoporosis that a trial has completed saying that there was positive results for breast cancer patients as a preventative. I have ILC. 2/10 nodes involved. I am 50 in 2 weeks. Its great to talk to someone that knows.

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015

hi kathy,

glad to see you on here, and giving support to others as well, please keep up the good work,  If you need any info on the site, please give me a shout.

Regards moira

• Louiseloveslife
    edited March 2015

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for replying.  Its nice to hear some positive feedback on treatment, especially chemo. I have been

extremely  worried about the side effects.  I am on day 10 of my first cycle and not feeling too bad. I have managed to do three days at work this week. I was wondering when you were having your chemo if after each cycle things got progressively worse with the side effects or whether they stayed the same? 

Thankyou for sharing your story with me.     I hope you are doing well xx

Warmest regards

Louise

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015

Hi there Louise,

Glad to see things are going good with your chemo, as we always say here, we all have different treatment and react different, so it is good to hear yours is going well. I think the main thing to remember is to set time aside for yourself, and if you do feel tired at any time, sit/lie down and rest, do not push yourself too much, keep in touch and let us know how you are going.  Regards Moira

• grover
    grover Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015

Hi Louise, my reaction to the treatments were usually the same, maybe towards the end i probably felt tireder.  but listen to your body, when it wants a lie down, have a lie down. i found going to work really helped, stops you from worrying and i think it was good for my husband and kids that life continued almost as normal i had two different types of chemo, the first was AC and the second CMF, my hair started to come back on the second one.

take care

kathy

• Louiseloveslife
    edited March 2015

So Far, So good  :  )