Put a ❤️ On your wall Facebook message

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Okay...thankyou for ideas this is what I have posted in response

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=725558670986338&id=100005966347835
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    link won't work Kath
  • primek
    edited June 2017
    Probably my restrictions on fb. Recreated below. 

Instead of posting a ❤ to raise awareness of breast cancer please circulate this amongst your friends instead, which will actually provide some health information about breast cancer.   :) x

https://www.worldwidebreastcancer.org/
  • Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    My sister in law copped a rant from me when she dared send one to me, knowing what i was going through with treatment etc.  I told her how i felt it trivialized our situation rather than highlighting. Certainly have your checks but don't post stupid sentiments. 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I got one yesterday from a friend on my private messages. It said its breast cancer prevention week. Say what? Since when is there a 'prevention' for breast cancer?
  • MKitty68
    they're doing it again - who is Connie? 

i am now posting this link on every one i see - https://www.bcna.org.au/breast-health-awareness/breast-awareness/
  • primek
    edited September 2017
  • MKitty68
    link wouldn't work, but i googled - thank you
  • primek
    I think my security might have locked it out. Sorry.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    edited September 2017
    Hey ladies - one way to stop those annoying little symbols you all seem to hate is to not be on FB at all.  My life is no worse because I don't use it !
    It may annoy one friend of mine who constantly goes on about how much I am missing - but really - emails, telephone calls and letters (yep, good old snail mail for non-urgent stuff) does just as well - or even better - as it is more personal.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Agree.  My family think I am old fashioned because I don't go near FB.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Agree also. I've never been on Facebook and never will. Funny how people think you're strange if not connected to social media.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Thanks @iserbrown and @LMK74
    I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one in the world who isn't on FB !
    My friend attended a seminar at her daughter's school where the parents were told not to allow kids to use it as what goes on the site is actually owned by FB and they can do anything they like with your photos etc.  So, that made me wary to begin with.
    Summer  :-)
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Add me to the list of non FB users!   I did create a profile once upon a time but have never used it.  I prefer to keep in touch with friends other ways and really don't like the idea of being so exposed to whoever wants to search me - not that I am very exciting haha :)
  • Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    I don't like the hearts either I usually add the know your breasts photo. This year I added the link for the cancer council walk for women's cancers.