Group meet up's

KarenF
KarenF Member Posts: 5
edited April 2017 in Community news and events
Hi, I was wondering if there was a support network or group in the Redlands area?

I think it would be beneficial for the patient to get to know other BC patients, as we all have more knowledge than friends or family who fortunately didn't get to walk in our shoes.  I suppose I'm asking if there is a support network in the Redlands area.

Also, it would be nice to meet new people and hopefully become friends.

Cheers Kaz 

Tagged:

Comments

• Carissa_BCNA
    Carissa_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 251
    Hi @KarenF

Yes you're right, support groups are a great way of meeting people who are or have been through a similar experience and an opportunity to make new friends. You can search for support groups in your area by visiting our local services directory here: https://www.bcna.org.au/services-and-support-groups/. If you type in 'support group' as your keyword search, your postcode and the distance of how far you wish to travel it will display any support groups that are running near you. 

I hope you'll find a group nearby. Let me know if you have any questions.  
  • KarenF
    KarenF Member Posts: 5
    Thank you very much Carrisa 
  • Carissa_BCNA
    You're welcome :) I hope it helped.
  • unknown
    unknown Member Posts: 45
    HI, any support groups in Melbourne eastern suburbs area?  cheers,
  • NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited May 2017
    COFFEE AND CHAT GROUP VIA BELINDA MCKENNA.  THURSDAYS 1 PM.  ROUSE HILL TOWN CENTER, SYDNEY. INSIDE AT THE COFFEE EMPORIUM - WHICH IS BELOW THE LIBRARY STAIRS.  SMALL GROUP OF 3 OR 4  LADIES,  AROUND 50 YEARS OLD.  WE HAVE BEEN MEETING FOR 4 WEEKS.  THIS IS AN "ALL TYPES OF CANCER" BRIDGING  GROUP AT THIS STAGE.  LAST WEEK I HAD TONYA FROM KELLYVILLE BREAST BUDDIES JOIN US.  STARTING SMALL AT THIS POINT.  I ALSO NEED CONFIRMATION EACH WEEK OF WHO IS GOING.  THIS WEEK ALL LADIES ARE BUSY - SO IF NO-ONE GETS IN TOUCH THEN I WON'T BE THERE.  MY CONTACT PHONE NUMBER IS [removed by moderator].  I WORK 4 DAYS A WEEK.   IT IS VITAL YOU COMMUNICATE BEFORE ,AS THIS IS A SMALL GROUP SO FAR.  IT IS STILL A POSITIVE AND HELPFUL ENVIRONMENT.  SOCIAL ELEMENT, MOVIES, WALKING GROUP ARE A GOAL (TO GIVE SUPPORT AND RELIEF) !  ITS ALL IN BEGINNING STAGES.  I WILL HAVE BEEN CANCER FREE FOR 5 YEARS IN OCTOBER 2017 AS A TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR MYSELF.
  • Carissa_BCNA
    Hi @unknown

You can search for support groups in your area by visiting our local services directory and entering your postcode and selecting the radius of how far you wish to travel. Please let me know if you have any questions or difficulties.
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Sth east and bayside group  melbourne monthly lunches. Small group purely social
  • KimW
    KimW Member Posts: 76
    Im sth eastern subs Melb. 
  • unknown
    unknown Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2017
    thank you all for your response.  I live in Heathmont, Melbourne. @KimW North Balwyn may be the closest group.  I will check out the date of the next meeting.  thanks.