4 years on

Options
Allicat
Allicat Member Posts: 83
edited October 2014 in General discussion

Last night I had a dream that I wore a sheer top and forgot to wear a bra or anything under it. My sister politely pointed this out to me and when I looked down I could see the dark circle of my nipple was showing through the top. Then after a moment I thought "what about the other side" and then when I looked down again on the other side I could see that the line of the mastectomy scar showed through.

I think this is the first time that I have had a dream where I knew that I had had a mastectomy. So I guess this is a good thing that I means I have accepted it. Though it also means I was thinking about it.

The scar is actually so faded now that I don't think it would show through like that. Though sometimes when I see other women when their nipples are poking through their top I wonder it people ever notice that I only have one.

I have been doing some exercises lately where I lie on the floor and when l lie with more weight on the left it is fine but when I lie with more weight on the right it feels a bit odd due to the implant. This might be why it is in my head a bit more that usual.

Also, my annual check-ups are coming up in a few weeks. Four years down, one year to go. (Assuming that they don't decide I should stay on Tamoxifen for 10 years instead of 5 which would be annoying!)

Comments

• Allicat
    Allicat Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Donna,

Good luck with your check-ups too.

I remember at my first annual check-up I felt quite weepy while getting the ultrasound. I don't get as bothered now but it still makes me a bit nervous.

Alli