The Ups and Downs

Options
bmunn88
bmunn88 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Today…. I feel… I don’t even know how to feel

For people close to me, they know my personal battles I have also faced, and today it all just feels too much.

Being new to a country town it is difficult. My Family is not very close. I have family here but out of the 3 only 1 will speak to me. that is just over stupid shit that I honestly don’t believe people can be so childish!

I have people I have made friends with here but only about 3-4 of them have actually asked how I am about this process!!

Is it that hard to say “hey, are you ok? can I help at all?”

I am one of the first people to offer people help when needed, even if I don’t know them well.

I know I will have some major ups and downs through this process, but today I am angry….

Don’t people feel?

Bec xx

Comments

• AnneD
    AnneD Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lots going on for you right now! I hope you can be your own best friend through all this stress and put yourself first.

The experiences that everyone goes through, whether they have the diagnosis or just a massive chance of future diagnosis, is a very personal trip. It's not to say you don't want other people to ask after you though. I think that for a lot of people, they don't bring it up or ask because they either don't know how or fear they will upset you more. And sometimes I think they just don't want to ask.

I've just completed my chemo treatment and I've been surprised to get support from people I didn't expect to and zero support or a "how are you doing" question from people I thought would be the first to support me. I've had close friends of my partner continually ask me how she is coping but then they haven't bothered to contact her directly for a chat. Without being in their shoes, I can't really understand why. I've found that if I asked for help or support, then I've got it. And yes, you sometimes feel like you are feeling so much and other people feel nothing about your experience. At least you have this place to come and have a whinge!

Good luck, keep us posted and hang in there. This is a great place to get support and someone's always ready to read what you're going through. Cheers, Anne
  • AnneD
    AnneD Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lots going on for you right now! I hope you can be your own best friend through all this stress and put yourself first.

The experiences that everyone goes through, whether they have the diagnosis or just a massive chance of future diagnosis, is a very personal trip. It's not to say you don't want other people to ask after you though. I think that for a lot of people, they don't bring it up or ask because they either don't know how or fear they will upset you more. And sometimes I think they just don't want to ask.

I've just completed my chemo treatment and I've been surprised to get support from people I didn't expect to and zero support or a "how are you doing" question from people I thought would be the first to support me. I've had close friends of my partner continually ask me how she is coping but then they haven't bothered to contact her directly for a chat. Without being in their shoes, I can't really understand why. I've found that if I asked for help or support, then I've got it. And yes, you sometimes feel like you are feeling so much and other people feel nothing about your experience. At least you have this place to come and have a whinge!

Good luck, keep us posted and hang in there. This is a great place to get support and someone's always ready to read what you're going through. Cheers, Anne