It's been a while

Options
JanineB
JanineB Member Posts: 19
edited April 2014 in General discussion
Hi all,

It's been a while since my last post & once again my world has shifted due to this horrendous disease.

My journey is to take a new path. After a short lived celebration - your doing well, come back in three months time, the disease has dropped off in my body again.

Previously on Janine's cancer journey - breast tumour = gone! Lymph tumour = gone! 3 liver mets down to 1. Cause to celebrate!

In my scan 31/12/13 lymph nodes were enlarged but professors words were "don't worry about that, it's the radio logger justifying their position." Now I don't claim to have medical knowledge so I took that quote & ran with it.

Hello......where am I today, just three months later. Breast tumour = back! lymph tumour = back, with the wonderful addition of a met in my frontal lobe.

Funny thing was I am now aware of this & I wasn't even due to see him until last Friday. Only my guardians were watching over me & a lack of communication in the public hospital has worked in my favour as I have a new oncologist & she ordered all of the tests & has wasted no time in developing an action plan. Needless to say I won't be going back to see the professor as I do feel that his approach or lack there of has seen this occur.

Thursday I see a nuero about my brain, then we go from there. I finish work for the first time every in two weeks & that is very daunting for me as I have never not worked.

I figure second time round I will be kinder to myself & have a break & give this fight my all.

Whilst it's not great, to me it's another hurdle & I have no intention on giving into the beast.

Oh & a majorly important note. I am booked on my first ever cruise on May 10th & I have told them to work it out as I am going .xxx

Remaining upbeat!

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank goodness you have a new oncologist! I have a friend with a recurrence at the moment,and she has just found a new oncologist,who told her that this latest setback should have been picked up a month ago! Enjoy your cruise,and when you get back,I am sure you will get on top of things once more:) Take care.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank goodness you have a new oncologist! I have a friend with a recurrence at the moment,and she has just found a new oncologist,who told her that this latest setback should have been picked up a month ago! Enjoy your cruise,and when you get back,I am sure you will get on top of things once more:) Take care.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Josie13
    Josie13 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options
    After 13 years of living with this I strongly advise you to make sure and be kind to yourself. There are no prizes for martyrdom in this race and nobody thanks you for it. Working is great if your body can cope but with 3 children who need all the love and attention it's great for them for you step back and smell the roses with them. I worked through my first series of chemo and radio but I was a lot younger and fitter but it WAS hard at times but other times good to be a normal person again. It's quite a dilemma isn't it really.
    Your experience with your professor warns us all about being vigilant about our health professionals. Take your cruise, take in big breaths of sea air and enjoy it with no looking back and feeling guilty or any negative feelings.