Latest network news

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited June 2011 in General discussion

Hi all,

Before Christmas we mentioned that we had a site update planned, so here's a quick run-down of what we did.  Better settle in with a cuppa, it's a little bit long! :)

Most of the work was to fix a few bugs which will make the site run more smoothly, but we also added some new functionality:

Online shop

The online shop has been revamped and you can now purchase 'pink products' with ease. One of the main features of the new shop is that if you login (using your online network login) before you purchase items or make a donation, a history of what you've purchased will be kept in your online profile for your reference (note: your history is only visible to you, no one else who looks at your profile can see it).

To see your purchase history, just click on 'view profile', and you'll see a new tab at the top of the page labelled 'orders' (note: you won't see this tab if you haven't purchased anything through the shop):

This is where the Orders tab shows up in your Profile

Your history also includes any donations you make, so it's a good way to quickly retrieve your records at tax time.  Finally, you can also order some of our free resources through the shop, so do go and check it out.

Network events

Online network groups can now add an 'event' so that all group members can keep up-to-date. As an example, I made one for 'Get connected day' this week. Just go to the network homepage, and click on the 'Latest Network events' tab, and you'll see the event.   

To add an event, go to your online group homepage and you'll see a new tab at the top labelled 'events'.

This is how the Event tab appears for Group facilitators to add events

Note: this functionality is only for Groups, not individuals. If you'd like to promote an event, and don't have a group to post it in, then send me a personal message and we'll work something out. :)

Member groups

As I noted in the last news bulletin, Member Groups who meet in person now have their own special area.  If you want to know if there's a group near you, then just visit the Member Group search page. Results are displayed in both list view and map view, so if you're like me and like to see little pins on a map, change tabs to the map view:

If you'd rather join an online interest group than a face-to-face Member Group, just go to the online network groups search page:  http://www.bcna.org.au/network/groups

Reminder about spam activity

As we've noted before, we do experience some activity by spammers. The online engagement team does a great job of keeping this under control, but you can help us out by clicking the 'report as inappropriate' link if you see any spam posts or comments.

If you receive a personal message from a spammer, use the 'block user' link that is at the bottom of every personal message, and let us know by email to bcnaonline@bcna.org.au.

Please do not respond to posts, comments or messages from spammers and do not give out any personal details. For more information, read this post: http://www.bcna.org.au/network/groups/54/blog/4735 .

I think that's it for now (phew!). We'll update the Q&A to include this new information, but as always, please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Di

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

just letting you know I've done my homework ..... read my assignment and taken notes LoL

new changes look good, though I do notice today that one message was triplicated and there wasn't a notification in my e.m .... but then it could be my comp. with the hiccups - nothing would surprise me!!!

Take care and keep up the good work

Cheers .... Shirl

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Shirl!   Glad to hear you've done your reading. :)   Not sure about the triplicated message -- do you know if it was for the same comment or multiple comments on the one post?  Let me know if it happens again and we'll investigate.

Hope that river of yours is behaving and you're staying dry!