Options
Ksenia83
Ksenia83 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2011 in General discussion

Hi,

I am a 27 year old female and have just had surgery last week to get rid of self identified breast cancer on my right breast.

Yesterday I got my treatment plan. I was looking around for a group like this. I'm hoping I can make it to coffee one morning.  I do work full time, so I will have to see how I go during business hours.

Hopefully there will be a coffee out of business hours one day. Or I'll have some time off work.

Would be nice to meet you all.

x

Comments

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi and welcome

Our next meeting is Feb 9th at 10.00 but the time is not fixed in stone and we have met in the afternoons too. I am hoping to bring the wife of a work colleague along next time and she is 28, had her surgery at the end of Dec. I know she is looking to connect with younger ladies so hope it comes off.

Do you have to have any chemo or radiation? I am having radiation currently which is going ok today is treatment 10 of 25 so have made double figures now!

Good luck and hope to see you soon.

Sarah x

• Sarah 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi and welcome

Our next meeting is Feb 9th at 10.00 but the time is not fixed in stone and we have met in the afternoons too. I am hoping to bring the wife of a work colleague along next time and she is 28, had her surgery at the end of Dec. I know she is looking to connect with younger ladies so hope it comes off.

Do you have to have any chemo or radiation? I am having radiation currently which is going ok today is treatment 10 of 25 so have made double figures now!

Good luck and hope to see you soon.

Sarah x

• Ksenia83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply.  I would love to meet with all of you and especially the 28 year old as it would be really good to know how she is going.

I have to have Chemo Therapy for 18 weeks, starting in 1 month.  Then 30 days of Radiation Therapy, then 5 years of Hormonal Therapy.. So it shall be a long road.

If you could make the meeting at a time out of business hours, that would be great. I could leave work early and try to make it there by 5 or something?

Please let me know.

Ksenia x

• Ksenia83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynne,

5pm sounds good to me.

I am more than happy to meet at the Pine Rivers Bowls club.

Look forward to it.

x

• Gemma K
    Gemma K Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Lynne, 

Tanya and I should be able to make it at 5pm bowls club on Feb 9th.  Tanya began her chemo on the 27th. So we will have to wait and see how she feels.  She has been fatigued so far.    

-Gemma 

• Gemma K
    Gemma K Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Lynne, 

Tanya and I should be able to make it at 5pm bowls club on Feb 9th.  Tanya began her chemo on the 27th. So we will have to wait and see how she feels.  She has been fatigued so far.    

-Gemma 

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

great...looking forward to seeing you all. We will have to get a double table!!!

Lynne

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

yes we are still on. I will go down a little earlier to bags a table. I will try and get one straight in front of the front doors leading out to the bowls area.

Jo won't be there but I think everyone else will be.

see you soon,

Lyn

• Sarah 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lyn

See you later have Annie and Ash with me. My radiation is at 2.25 today but Brian is off and is driving me in and out so don't have to do the car and bus thing so will have lots of time provided the trafficis ok. Looking forward to meeting everyone. You've done a great job Lyn.

Love Sarah x