Hi everyone

Options
JodieWall
JodieWall Member Posts: 259
edited March 2014 in General discussion
Hi to you all. Xxx I hope your all well.

I'm sorry I haven't been here but I forgot my password then my iPad wouldnt let me in. I nearly gave up.
We moved just before Christmas and I didn't see the point in setting up my desk top pc but glad I did because here I am! :-)

Anyway, im doing well. I finished my FEC on 27th December 2013 and went on to taxol. Weeky for 9 weeks. I have 2 to go then 4 weeks break then radiation.
I can't believe I'm nearly at the end. I turn 45 on Tuesday and at the time of my diagnose on 26th September 2013 I didn't think I would make it...silly I know but my emotions were everywhere and still are but I'm having more good days than bad now :-)

My eldest son is now in the army too so I have 2 wonderful sons who are soldiers. Lucas marches out on 4th April and we will travel to Wagga Wagga to be there and cry with emotion and from pure proudness. Is that a word? Lol

My hair is growing back slowly just like they said it would on taxol. Can't wait to have a full head so I can have some style. Being a hairdresser is hard when you have no hair to play with! Lol. I'm still working full time and feel it has really helped me in my recovery and sanity:-)

I'm trying to think of more news and will post more regular now I can remember my password.

I hope all the wonderful ladies that were there for me are well and are still on here posting, I couldn't have made it through the first few weeks without you xxxx

Jodie

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Have often thought of you and wondered how you are going. Glad your treatment is nearing the end. I do remember how scared you were at the beginning.
    Welcome back.
    Paula :)
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is wonderful to hear you sounding so positive. It is so much better for ourselves and our loved ones if we can keep ourselves feeling mostly ok (we all have our moments!).

How amazing you are to be working full-time through treatment. I hope you will be able to give yourself a treat at the end of all this, you deserve it!

Good luck with the rest of your chemo and radiation. Enjoy your special visit to see your son in Wagga Wagga. I am sure he is just as proud of you as you are of him. Take care and keep in touch. Deanne xxx
  • JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanne,

We are hoping to have a little holiday overseas at the end of the year or early next year. We were planning it last year, then with my diagnoses, the plans went AWOL. Ive never been overseas so it will be very exciting to celebrate where Ive been and where I am now xxx

I am so proud of my both my boys. My second son Daniel marched out in June last year and I cant even begin to describe the feeling of seeing him march in uniform after 80 of the hardest days of his life. Now I get to experience it again with my eldest. 

im having my planning session for radiation on the 17th March where I think they will do the tattoos. They are only doing my chest wall and not my underarm as the lymph nodes were all clear there. Then on the 18th March ( the next day) i have my first 3 monthly review with my breast surgeon. Everything seems to be going ok there so dont envisage any issues. 

Then the Tamoxifan discussion will be had and I guess Ill be on that road with many of you for the next 10 years xx

Im a bit nervous, but considering where I was emotionally back in September, I can take this in my stride too:)

• JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanne,

We are hoping to have a little holiday overseas at the end of the year or early next year. We were planning it last year, then with my diagnoses, the plans went AWOL. Ive never been overseas so it will be very exciting to celebrate where Ive been and where I am now xxx

I am so proud of my both my boys. My second son Daniel marched out in June last year and I cant even begin to describe the feeling of seeing him march in uniform after 80 of the hardest days of his life. Now I get to experience it again with my eldest. 

im having my planning session for radiation on the 17th March where I think they will do the tattoos. They are only doing my chest wall and not my underarm as the lymph nodes were all clear there. Then on the 18th March ( the next day) i have my first 3 monthly review with my breast surgeon. Everything seems to be going ok there so dont envisage any issues. 

Then the Tamoxifan discussion will be had and I guess Ill be on that road with many of you for the next 10 years xx

Im a bit nervous, but considering where I was emotionally back in September, I can take this in my stride too:)

• JodieWall
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Robyn xxx

Im proud of myself. I didnt really think about it until my onc appointment last week and she called me "amazing". i didnt really look at myself as amazing...just doing what I need to do to get through :)

I cant wait for the 12th march though...my last Chemo!! YAY.

ive been doing a painting at chemo as a therapy/relaxing thing and its 5 poppies in a field. I felt it appropriate given my boys in the army and my other 3 wonderful children. Ill try and post a pic of it when its finished. It has to be finished in 2 weeks because Im not going back! lol xxx

• mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes I am well, I am 12 weeks post op prophylactic mastectomy and double tram flap recon. I had to wait a long time for my surgery as due to my recurrence and the fact I got to do chemo again my blood counts played up. However all good now :). Have been on this little ride for 4 1/2 years, but can now see the light shining brightly at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with your chemo finishing....oh what a feeling!!! Most people find radiation not so bad after chemo, and by the sounds of how you have coped you will also. Well done to you. Can imagine how proud you are of your boys. Paula xx

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

so good to hear that you are doing better, its amazing how everythign changes as time goes along.

In the beginning when we first get that news its like a body blow and the little demons play with our mind, then as treatment progresses and we start to feel a little better the spirists lift too rather amazing I think.

Anyway I hope you are fit and well for your sons march out, you proud mama I am sure you will be there beaming.

Good on you on the overseas trip, after my treatment finished last year we had a holiday but just went to Cairns, I was too apprehensive to travel overseas, just in case, silly really now that I think about it.

Anyway you take care

Donna

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie

Happy Birthday.....!

And congrats on your gorgeous boy joining the army..you sound like a very proud Mum!

Well done on getting to where you are now....we do manage hey? Glad to hear your hair is growing...ditto! 

Big hug to you....Jen x

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope you can enjoy your day and put treatment aside for one day. Celebrate! Deanne xxx
  • mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope you get spoilt ;)
    Paula xx
  • mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope you get spoilt ;)
    Paula xx