Hello all the new people

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited February 2014 in General discussion

I keep watch to see how the numbers are slowly growing and recall there were 17 when I first began here.  I cant express enough how important it has been for me to reach out and meet people going through the same things, face to face.  I love the Northern Cancer Support Centre, the staff and the warm environment that gives you all the understanding you are looking for.

I loved the "Coffee and Chat" get togethers and have made wonderful new life long friends from those Wednesday morning cups of tea.  I did the Pink Pilates course there, which was an awesome way to manage emotional stress, and I sat with Counsellors on several occasions to cry and chat about the sticky subjects.  That made a massive difference.

I have registered for the Relay for Life week end which is $20 and you get a top to wear, the relay is on March 29th.  I am only walking an average of a half hour each walk at the moment, so I wont be running!

I work at Legana Pharmacy and my employer is more than happy to allow me to spend the time with any one who comes in to see me regarding Breast Cancer.  It is a friendly workplace 

Dont be shy, its not a sign of weakness to reach out and share.

Comments

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes Bel

and Tassie girls, don't forget BCNA are holding a Forum in Hobart on 1 March where you will meet others in the same situation. There will be laughs, tears and lots of information.

It is lovely to put a face to a name so many on-line friendships are strengthened or started at Forums. It is free and a bus will leave from Launceston, free, for a return trip down. Contact BCNA if you are interested.

Mandy

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy,

I heard you are all travelling down to Hobart - what a great adventure!

For those who want to attend - you can find the link to register here: http://www.bcna.org.au/bcna/event/bcna-forum-hobart-tasmania-living-well-beyond-breast-cancer

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

No I can't make it that day, and neither can Bel. But I have asked her to put together a little info sheet on the site so Maureen et al can have it on the Tassie info table.

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

No I can't make it that day, and neither can Bel. But I have asked her to put together a little info sheet on the site so Maureen et al can have it on the Tassie info table.