I'm back - Happy, Refreshed and Nervous!

Options
yetbeung
yetbeung Member Posts: 167
edited February 2014 in General discussion

Ok , I haven't been on here in a while as I've been in Kempsey, NSW, on a surprise visit to my nan...I knew she didn't believe me when I was telling her I was ok, so I thought I'd best get up there and show her! 

Thankfully I didn't bring on a heart attack, had a lovely week catching up with her and the other rellos, getting spoilt in general and not to mention "nan cooking"!!! (Nobody cooks better than nannas!)

I put in a couple of pics: Nan & I, me and the spoils of being spoilt, and one of nan's Candy Stripe roses, it will form the base of a tattoo I'm planning (but may never actually get, because I'm a wuss). 

Chemo no. 5 tomorrow, over half way now, but changing onto the dreaded one that everyone seems to have nothing good to say about...fingers crossed...I have mum arriving tonight (aarrrrgh) so will spend the rest of today running round like a mad idiot trying to get everything ready for side effects that hopefully won't come! lol

Hoping everyone else is travelling well!

From Bobbie

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome back.Your nan looks like a good cook and a good gardener.Good luck with chemo tomorrow-prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Gorgeous photo of you and your nan by the way.   Tonya xx

• Viv_C
    Viv_C Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Bobbie, great to see you back on line, I have been missing your posts, they are always so good to read. Love the look of your Nan's biscuits, I am a bit of a baker myself, but not lately in the heat we have been having. Hoping all goes well for you tomorrow. Viv xxxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Your Nan looks like a darling and I so want one of those cookies, they look so yummy! I have a candy stripe rose in my garden too, they are such pretty roses.

Welcome back to Melbourne and I sending you lots of positive vibes to ward off those side effects. Good luck honey.

Love Janey xxx
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome back from me too! What a beautiful Rose.They are my favourite flower by a mile.I hope you find your chemo ok this week.Let us know how you get on.Take care.xoxoRobyn