Back in the land of the living

Options
JessicaV
JessicaV Member Posts: 297
edited January 2014 in General discussion

I am now in my room. sentinel node apparently fine, so things are decidedly good. The surgeon kindly agreed to remove a 3cm fatty cyst on my right collarbone at the same time, which was great, means no need for a separate anaesthic and surgery to fix it. The mastectomy apparently went well, and as you have alltold me it is the sentinel node that is a nuisance

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jessica,what great news.I was exactly the same,and you will be surprised how quick and relatively painless the recovery will be.The best advice that I can give you,is to make sure that you do any exercises that you are given,so you regain full mobility in your arm.I remember after my surgery ,reading on here about ladies that were having trouble raising their arm above their head,or were finding they were restricted in their movements.It hurts a bit at first,but not too much.My daughter used to make me do my exercises every single day,and within 4weeks,I was right back to where I had been before my surgery.All the best Jessica.Let us know how you are travelling.Cheers xoxo Robyn
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jessica,what great news.I was exactly the same,and you will be surprised how quick and relatively painless the recovery will be.The best advice that I can give you,is to make sure that you do any exercises that you are given,so you regain full mobility in your arm.I remember after my surgery ,reading on here about ladies that were having trouble raising their arm above their head,or were finding they were restricted in their movements.It hurts a bit at first,but not too much.My daughter used to make me do my exercises every single day,and within 4weeks,I was right back to where I had been before my surgery.All the best Jessica.Let us know how you are travelling.Cheers xoxo Robyn
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

Certainly good news, the node removal is the most painful, that's for sure. Keep up with the exercises and I wish you well with your recovery, take care, 

Hazel xx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

Certainly good news, the node removal is the most painful, that's for sure. Keep up with the exercises and I wish you well with your recovery, take care, 

Hazel xx

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well that's done and you must be so relieved that the node is clear. Hope that recovery will be without much pain but don't hesitate to ask for pain relief if you are. Don't be brave. I remember being told I could administer my own pain relief in hospital but I thought I shouldn't do it too much. The nurses told me off on the second day (in a nice way) and then I started using the pain relieve properly. Oh what a difference. I was virtually without pain.

Every day will be better and better.

Hugs to you

Love Janey xxx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome back-glad all is going well so far.The drain will be a pain to lug around with you.Hope you are back in your own bed soon. Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome back-glad all is going well so far.The drain will be a pain to lug around with you.Hope you are back in your own bed soon. Tonya xx