First Blog Ever!!!

Options
angelflake
angelflake Member Posts: 1
edited January 2011 in General discussion

About time I gave this a go, have been meaning to.I haven't completed the profile etc yet, am finding my way around.

Like to wish everyone a "Happy New Year"

Lavinia

PS Got inspired at the Sale forum in November, it was a great day.

Comments

• eviealison
    eviealison Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lavinia, 

Welcome to the BCNA forum. I haven't completed all parts of my profile yet either! Take the time to soak it all in, read everyone's posts and ask any questions you might have. 

Happy New Year!! 

x evie

• eviealison
    eviealison Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lavinia, 

Welcome to the BCNA forum. I haven't completed all parts of my profile yet either! Take the time to soak it all in, read everyone's posts and ask any questions you might have. 

Happy New Year!! 

x evie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lavinia

Just go with it.  I'm am Online Champion and every day find something different.  I get lost quite often so do as most of us do - stalk around !!!!  It is fun to find people and have a chat and there is a lot of good info on the site.  Have funXLeonie

J

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there - welcome to the world of blog!!!

Like Leonie, I am an "Online Champion"  ... doesn't mean we've won the race (some of us are still running it), it means we stalk you and others who join us for a chat and hope to heaven you don't ask us for directions here because chances are we'll get you well and truly lost!!!! LoL

All jokes aside, this is a wonderful site, full of information that will assist you on your journey whether you have completed your profile or not...... you can do that in your own time, there's no rush.  Please enjoy exploring the site .... we are all in the process of doing this and finding new things all the time.

Like you, I was inspired by a forum .... the one I attended was in Mildura early August 2010.  I got interested in Community Liasion, went to Melbourne to do a training course and met some wonderful women who will be my friends for life.  Likewise I have also met and formed friendships with ladies on line who, in all probability I will never meet in person.

When, and if, you feel up to it share your story with us - your emotions and reactions - the ups and downs - the uncertanties - anything at all.  Read through the posts entered by others, you will see that we all share a bond .... we have all been diagnosed, or have connections, with breast cancer.  Create your own blog, ask any questions you may have .... there will always be someone around who has "been there - done that" and can help you in some way.

In time you will be able to share your own circumstances with newcomers .... and so the cycle goes on, our network of support reaches more people throughout the country.

I've done it again, only meant to say "Hi and welcome", but as usual got carried away and started rabbiting on ..... the others will tell you i love a chat!!!!

Take care and look after yourself ...

Cheers ... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there - welcome to the world of blog!!!

Like Leonie, I am an "Online Champion"  ... doesn't mean we've won the race (some of us are still running it), it means we stalk you and others who join us for a chat and hope to heaven you don't ask us for directions here because chances are we'll get you well and truly lost!!!! LoL

All jokes aside, this is a wonderful site, full of information that will assist you on your journey whether you have completed your profile or not...... you can do that in your own time, there's no rush.  Please enjoy exploring the site .... we are all in the process of doing this and finding new things all the time.

Like you, I was inspired by a forum .... the one I attended was in Mildura early August 2010.  I got interested in Community Liasion, went to Melbourne to do a training course and met some wonderful women who will be my friends for life.  Likewise I have also met and formed friendships with ladies on line who, in all probability I will never meet in person.

When, and if, you feel up to it share your story with us - your emotions and reactions - the ups and downs - the uncertanties - anything at all.  Read through the posts entered by others, you will see that we all share a bond .... we have all been diagnosed, or have connections, with breast cancer.  Create your own blog, ask any questions you may have .... there will always be someone around who has "been there - done that" and can help you in some way.

In time you will be able to share your own circumstances with newcomers .... and so the cycle goes on, our network of support reaches more people throughout the country.

I've done it again, only meant to say "Hi and welcome", but as usual got carried away and started rabbiting on ..... the others will tell you i love a chat!!!!

Take care and look after yourself ...

Cheers ... Shirl xx

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

yep shirl, you put us all to shame with your welcomes but we love you, so Lavinia Shirley has said it all, (she does a great job),  but hi and welcome from me as well, please feel free to add any of us to your contact list, and as shirley said by being on here we can help ourselves by helping others. SO A BIG WELCOME.....Moira