Looking good, feeling better:)

Options
Hazel M
Hazel M Member Posts: 708
edited December 2013 in General discussion

Hey Ladies, went to the LGFB workshop today at the Wesley Hospital in Brissie, and it was wonderful. I was pretty nervous going in as I'm not very confident with make-up. Not really confident with much actually. First up, I was offered a cup of tea and a biscuit (the greatest thing to break the ice). I had my companion with me who is herself going through chemo, and she took her wig off to make me feel better, I actually met her at the hospital when first diagnosed. One of the wonderful ladies took me under her wing and helped me with blending in my make-up. Tried on some wigs and learnt some different ways to use scarves and bandannas. All up, it was a great experience. 2nd chemo tomorrow and I'm also getting a picc put in, a lady at the workshop had one, so I asked some questions and she put my mind at ease. I feel I am getting better at opening up and talking to people, that could just be the silver lining to come out of all this. Hope everyone is doing ok, take care

Hazel xx

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So glad you enjoyed the workshop. I know what you mean about getting better at opening up and talking to people. It is quite surprising how the experiences we have on this journey actually result in us becoming more confident, open and empathetic people. There is always a silver lining to be found. :) Deanne xx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Hazel,
    I'm glad that your experience with LGFB was a pleasant one. It's amazing what a little confidence will do. This site has been a wonderful tool hasn't it. I never thought I'd be opening up to others about my journey but I have gained so much from BCNA and you lovely ladies. Good luck tomorrow with your second chemo Hazel. Always look for that silver lining.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad you enjoyed the workshop Hazel and that you are starting to feel more confident.  I am just at the beginning of this journey and haven't started chemo yet, but seem to be more anxious about everything and can imagine that I too will feel less confident when my hair falls out.   Thank you for sharing your optimistic thoughts here.  Good luck tomorrow with your second round of chemo.

Love Joy xxx

• Bearteggie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad you enjoyed the workshop Hazel and that you are starting to feel more confident.  I am just at the beginning of this journey and haven't started chemo yet, but seem to be more anxious about everything and can imagine that I too will feel less confident when my hair falls out.   Thank you for sharing your optimistic thoughts here.  Good luck tomorrow with your second round of chemo.

Love Joy xxx

• Bearteggie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Love Joy xxx