An inspiring yet scary afternoon

Options
yetbeung
yetbeung Member Posts: 167
edited November 2013 in General discussion

Hi everyone, 

I have just spent a few hours looking on the net to amuse myself, the aim was to keep it non-cancer related as I've made a rule for myself that I will not succumb to the "Google Monster". 

I love photography, having both studied it and modelled in the past, and I find that I can spend hours looking at beautiful images...they transport you somewhere else. 

However, totally by accident, I stumbled across 2 sites that I'm sure I was destined to see...I find the photography moving and powerful, and yes, it is breast cancer related. I'm still trying to pull myself together after viewing these...I thought I would share them with everyone here because although it is scary to see scars and reality, I found these 2 pages inspiring, hopefully they might help someone else on here too.

***PLEASE NOTE***  These pages have photos and video of women post surgery. They are not gory or gruesome, however, care should be taken when viewing - please don't view if you feel it may be too confronting. The photos are not "medical" in nature at all, they are beautiful and very artistic. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/jill-brzezinski-conley-sue-bryce-breast-cancer-photos_n_2599843.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

(there is an article about the photos, and a video - photos at the bottom. I highly recommend watching the video)

http://www.thescarproject.org/gallery/

(Just photos on this site I think.)

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I admire Jill's wish to help other young women with breast cancer feel beautiful and desirable despite what treatment effects they have.

I love the story she tells about trying to go to dinner with her husband wearing a wig, false eyelashes etc but realizing she was just uncomfortable with this halfway through. Returning to the table without these much to the surprise of the waiter, but her husband told her he was happier to see her 'natural' look because it was the real her. Wow!

Thanks for posting the link. :) Deanne
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I enjoyed this.Thankyou, :)
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I enjoyed this.Thankyou, :)
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Beauty is the light in the heart. What a lovely quote and an inspirational video. Now those are the good google stories that are alright to find. It's the horror stories you want to avoid Bobbie. It is amazing how much breast cancer pops up in our day to day lives once we are going through it. You can't seem to help come across mention of it. I was browsing art on the internet recently and came across a wonderful 'dot' drawing I really liked and wanted to find out more about the artist Miguel Endara. So I went on to his website where he had some videos of other projects he was into. I clicked on one of them and it was of a guy swimming 1000 miles down the Missouri River to earn money for breast cancer. The video film, called Swim 1000 2013, was directed by Miguel and it was in support of breast cancer awareness through Coppafeel.org. This was totally out of the blue. How could I have possibly known what I was going to come across. These types of finds seem to happen to me all the time now. Just random things that come up turn out to be about BC. The link to this video is http://miguelendara.com/video/swim1000/ if you're interested. Nice little 8 minute inspirational piece.

Cheers
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Beauty is the light in the heart. What a lovely quote and an inspirational video. Now those are the good google stories that are alright to find. It's the horror stories you want to avoid Bobbie. It is amazing how much breast cancer pops up in our day to day lives once we are going through it. You can't seem to help come across mention of it. I was browsing art on the internet recently and came across a wonderful 'dot' drawing I really liked and wanted to find out more about the artist Miguel Endara. So I went on to his website where he had some videos of other projects he was into. I clicked on one of them and it was of a guy swimming 1000 miles down the Missouri River to earn money for breast cancer. The video film, called Swim 1000 2013, was directed by Miguel and it was in support of breast cancer awareness through Coppafeel.org. This was totally out of the blue. How could I have possibly known what I was going to come across. These types of finds seem to happen to me all the time now. Just random things that come up turn out to be about BC. The link to this video is http://miguelendara.com/video/swim1000/ if you're interested. Nice little 8 minute inspirational piece.

Cheers
    Janey xxx
  • LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you, that was beautiful XXXLouie

• fionaf
    fionaf Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow that was incredibly beautiful - thank you x