First Chemo done!!

Options
mwalters01
mwalters01 Member Posts: 3
edited November 2013 in General discussion

Well I have finished my first Chemo session!! I feel good, just a bit of a headache. Which I hope is okay.. Other people's stories have helped me to face my treatment. Walk along with it and co-exist with my chemo for 6 months and then radiation for 6 weeks.

I am not fighting this just going along with it one day at a time. Where the Lord is already waiting for me tomorrow. So I don't need to worry or be fearful!!

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have just completed my 2nd chemo,so you are just behind me.I hope it stays easy going for you.I am finding it not half as bad as I expected.Its the fear of the unknown don't you think that makes it difficult?Now you have the first one out of the way you will find it a bit easier.My main side effect has been the tiredness from about day 5 for a few days.Also the yucky taste that you get in your mouth,and a few strange food cravings.Nothing that can't be managed though.All the best.xoxoxRobyn.
  • mwalters01
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich,

Thank you for your reply. I have done alot of reading in preparation for the chemo. My main concerns at the moment is my temperature and making sure I drink enough day and night. Not sure if am meant to have a headache though!!

I must admit that there was alot of reading material to get through!!

Thank you and lots of love

Marianne xxxx

• mwalters01
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robyn,

It's good to know that you have just finished your 2nd chemo and that you are going well. It is great having you to talk to when you are ahead of me in chemo and that your side affects are managable. Helps me to feel better!! It is the fear of the unknown but I just kept asking God to remove my fear and direct my thinking to where he needed it to be. Also reminding myself that God was already there waiting for me to have my 1st chemo. That helped me so much.. I did have the metalic taste in the  back of my mouth but that has gone now. My temp went up last night so I just drank even more water and my temp went back to normal. I am getting the food cravings already eggs and bacon which has to be on toast!! LOL All managable and really no trouble!! I will just have to see when my tiredness kicks in..