Arms and legs People!

Options
LMA
LMA Member Posts: 24
edited October 2013 in General discussion
Well I disappeared for a few days but as expected... Immmmm baaaaack! Yes today was magical, the sun was out and I felt so much better I just sat outside to enjoy the great day.so where have I been you ask?

Well.... Monday was surgery day so I had a bit on.. But I keep going back to our favourite saying... arms and legs people !!!... Have you lost any arms or legs??? It's a saying we have at work when we feel someone is being over dramatic and it makes us laugh so much.

I'm not asking you gals out there in breast cancer land (yes that's right next to Toon Town).. and totally know everyone has different levels of everything including diagnosis but in my case.. i was just checking my own to make sure my self wallowing wasn't overstepping the mark... It wasn't but strangely I am incredibly grateful for my arms and legs today.. Ha ...that's even more classic by the fact I'm only 153cm tall or 5ft 1/2 an inch in the old rule and quite honestly I've never been hugely grateful for my legs..in fact I always felt just a little bit jibbed at leg handout when I stand next to my glamazon tall girlfriends... But today .. I'm ok with the trusty little "close to the centre of gravity" pegs and thought that if this is as bad as it gets I will be fine.
It is as bad as it gets isn't it??? Oh ok .. Lets not get too far ahead...So the nausea that was the equivalent of the worst hangover I've ever had after the surgery was just a teaser?? Well who knows.
The gals keep telling me its different for everyone and we will see what happens but for now I'm super pleased that I have such strong women supporting me and that my hubby is a Virgo in the extreme... The house is hospital grade clean and everything is very organised. So I'm lucky and I know it.... And, as I had a slightly awkward shower today and fitted that bra I don't like and changed a dressing from a drain... I could only keep telling myself... Arms and legs people... Arms and legs !!! I promise to never curse my short little pegs again!!
Chat soon

Comments

• LMA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thats so lovely. Thank you... Ill try to keep seeing the humor .. Its been a positive start anyway. And yes the pink sisters are so awesome and ive only just introduced myself!! Im a little overwhelmed..
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hope your recovery keeps going well.Getting the wretched drain out and getting your pathology results is the next hurdle to jump over.Yes,I would trade a boob any day to keep my arms and legs.It's much easier to wear a prosthesis and hide a missing boob.Still,it does take awhile to adjust and it is an amputation afterall.You have a great sense of humour and that'll help you but sometimes it might go awol.It's ok to have"wallow in it"days-we all have those-I had lots! Chemo is the biggie and if you don't need to have that then you can start laughing now.In the meantime,just soak up that vitamin D,rest,read trashy magazines and eat chocolate.Did your doctor prescribe that for you?That's standard practice after breast surgery.

Big hug,Tonya xx

• LMA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ha ha ..thanks Tonya... He didn't mention chocolate...I've been trying to be good!! Maybe ill have a break out , just a small one.....yep results Monday.. Thanks for your support.
  • kellybellydancer
    kellybellydancer Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Arms and Legs, that is fantastic.  I tell myself that there are people worse than me and while it is upsetting to lose my boob, I am still going to be here.  Thank you for you wonderful humour.

• kellybellydancer
    kellybellydancer Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Arms and Legs, that is fantastic.  I tell myself that there are people worse than me and while it is upsetting to lose my boob, I am still going to be here.  Thank you for you wonderful humour.

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are seriously very funny!I wish I could write like that!what a gift.I loved your blog titled The Great Race.I still have a laugh to myself when I recall your "like a madwoman at IKEA,following the blue line" That's me!!!!Its true isn't it,laughter is the best medicine:)Look after yourself.Robynxoxo
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are seriously very funny!I wish I could write like that!what a gift.I loved your blog titled The Great Race.I still have a laugh to myself when I recall your "like a madwoman at IKEA,following the blue line" That's me!!!!Its true isn't it,laughter is the best medicine:)Look after yourself.Robynxoxo