Getting out of the house

Options
dizumba
dizumba Member Posts: 66
edited October 2013 in General discussion

After my 1st chemo was not too bad, went ok after bad days then other days fine, moving around with smile ..

asking you I need to know  about outings

if ok go to church, greeting  people, if  is effect  around me?? if anyone know if ok outing to church or on train??? after chemo 2 weeks later ,

I need your request  pleassssseeee

Comments

• Cherylek
    Cherylek Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dizumba, there's no reason why you shouldn't get out of the house if you are feeling well enough. If anyone has the sniffles at church or on the train then try and stay away from them.
    I went back to work a week after my first chemo. I managed to pick up a bad cold just going for a walk around the block at home by myself no one else around...
    So as long as you feel up to it I'd say go for it.
    Cheryle :)
  • Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dizumba, there's no reason why you shouldn't get out of the house if you are feeling well enough. If anyone has the sniffles at church or on the train then try and stay away from them.
    I went back to work a week after my first chemo. I managed to pick up a bad cold just going for a walk around the block at home by myself no one else around...
  • Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • dizumba
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thankyou Cheryle  , for tell me all about it ,  ok I will watch out for it ,

Dianne

• peggysue
    peggysue Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dizumba, hope u are feeling ok.  I was diagnosed Nov 2012.  Surgery, Chemo radiation.  6 days after my first chemo, I flew down to the Aust Tennis Open in Melbourne,  which the approval of my onc, and breast care nurse. I took every precaustion, mask for flying, staying away from people in the airport, lymphodema sleeve (for the flight).  It was a great few days, and I wast ok.  If your up to it, I would say, go for your outing.   I was lucky enough the chemo was tolerable.  The usual things, hair loss, yucky taste, and fatigue, but I got through it.  Regards    Linda.....

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Dizumba

I am glad to see you are up and about.  You do need to take care around crowds. If your white cell count is low or your immune system is low then you are susceptible to infection so you just have to take a little bit of care.

If you are feeling well and on top of things then I can't see why not??.

Maybe talk with your chemo oncologist or nurse next time and confirm it is all okay.

Good luck, keep well and smiling :-) luv always, Mich xoxoox

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Dizumba

I am glad to see you are up and about.  You do need to take care around crowds. If your white cell count is low or your immune system is low then you are susceptible to infection so you just have to take a little bit of care.

If you are feeling well and on top of things then I can't see why not??.

Maybe talk with your chemo oncologist or nurse next time and confirm it is all okay.

Good luck, keep well and smiling :-) luv always, Mich xoxoox

• dizumba
    edited March 2015
    Options

thankyou sweet women for gave me details , I keep eyes of care myself ,

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think if you feel well and look out for and avoid people with sniffles or colds, you should go out. It's therapeutic to be outside and doing relatively normal things. Take it easy and don't overdo it though. Remember your body has been put through a lot and you need rest. I took a small bottle of hand sanitiser where ever I went and used it frequently to try and keep germs at bay. Enjoy the fresh air.
    Love Janey xxx