Baldilicious story

Options
Baldilicious
Baldilicious Member Posts: 2
edited September 2013 in General discussion
My story

On 16th August 2012 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. My treatment has included mastectomy surgery, six months of chemotherapy, five weeks of daily radiotherapy, oopherectomy, total hysterectomy and now hormone therapy.

It has been a roller coaster ride. Fighting to stay physically strong to endure treatment, and fighting to stay mentally strong to cope with the diagnosis. My fight has been made easier by the unwavering love and support of my wonderful family and many friends.

It is human nature we want to help others when they need it most. Many friends didn't ask what they could do to help, they just helped! I had an endless supply of food parcels, phone calls, text messages, letters, gifts, flowers, visitors and most of all, hugs. All of this made a huge difference to me, especially on days when I wasn't feeling as good as I could have been. For this, I thank them all from the bottom of my heart. Words cannot describe my gratitude, I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.

So now it is my turn to give back. Since diagnosis I have met some wonderfully strong and brave people. I have taken this time to think of ways I could help others enduring a similar ride.

I decided to start a business called baldilicious selling hats to women suffering hair loss and donate part proceeds back to the cause.

The name baldilicious was inspired by my five year old daughter. One day she said to me, mamma I have a joke for you. "What do you call a lady with no hair?" My response was "mummy", she said "no, baldilocks!" We laughed heartily together. I thought about calling my business baldilocks but settled on baldilicious because you may have no hair but you are still fabulous and delicious!

I have refused to let cancer or its treatment define me in any way shape or form and it shouldn't define you either.

We are first and foremost daughters, mothers, wives, partners, sisters, aunties and friends, but most importantly we are strong women enduring life prolonging treatment and shouldn't hide from that fact.

That is why is ask you to love your head, wear a hat and stand proud.

I know what it is like to look in the mirror and see a stranger look back at you. I seek support from members in our community and the business sector to buy a hat for themselves and another for others.

By contributing to buy a spare hat shows that the kindness of strangers can help others less fortunate not only look fabulous but feel good about their changing appearance.

By working together we can assist in helping to find a cure to ensure others don't have to endure the same ride that so many of us have.

Envelop your head in a gorgeous hat and look Baldilicious!

Please go to http://baldilicious.net to register for a free hat, purchase a hat, or contribute the cost of a hat.

$2 from every order will be donated to BCNA and the McGrath foundation.

With very best wishes
Jodi
Http://baldilicious.net

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great story and congratulations on your new business.  I wish you all the very very best.

I will be checking out your site.

Lots of love always, Mich xoxoxoxox

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great story and congratulations on your new business.  I wish you all the very very best.

I will be checking out your site.

Lots of love always, Mich xoxoxoxox