donation of breast prosthesis

Options
Julia44
Julia44 Member Posts: 361
edited August 2013 in General discussion

Hello,

now I have had my reconstruction I no longer need my falsie.  I think I have heard of an organisation that collects these(I also have large bras that I no longer fit)and sends them overseas to disadvantaged women.

Does anyone know about this?

thanks,

Julia

Comments

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have TWO,  Triangle shaped, size1, Amoena gel prosthesis, that I really do not use anymore.

I wear a padded bra, mostly, and might be able to donate mine also .They are in great condition; as new with cotton covering that is removable to wash, and with supporting box to keep their shape.

Kathy.

• Goldie to Raquel
    Goldie to Raquel Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Girls...after just returning to Aus from 18 months in South East Asia, I know that there must be somewhere that unwanted prosethis would be welcomed with much gratitude.

In Malaysia women receive a "one off" for life, unlike our system of every two years. Perhaps we need to look further afield to a country where they are beyond the reach of women?

Maybe there is already and organisation that collects and passes them on?? Shall start to do some research.

Kim

• Goldie to Raquel
    Goldie to Raquel Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Girls...after just returning to Aus from 18 months in South East Asia, I know that there must be somewhere that unwanted prosethis would be welcomed with much gratitude.

In Malaysia women receive a "one off" for life, unlike our system of every two years. Perhaps we need to look further afield to a country where they are beyond the reach of women?

Maybe there is already and organisation that collects and passes them on?? Shall start to do some research.

Kim

• annie58
    annie58 Member Posts: 108
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the reminder, mine is sitting in the cupboard and was only use for 8 months. Please let me know where they are being sent so that I can onforward mine.

annie

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Kristen,

that site is just what I wanted.  There is even a drop off point in my suburb.  Nice to do something good with what we no longer need.

I also have some great condition large cup size bras from before cancer as well as the ones with the mastectomy pocket.  As I have gone from a DD to an A/B no use to me anymore!

thanks,

Julia