sale forum

Options
Rikki Leigh
Rikki Leigh Member Posts: 44
edited November 2010 in Community news and events

Attended bcna forum in Sale today (16 November 2010. Was very nervous because I was on my own and didn't know what to expect.

It turns out there was no need to be nervous. I was welcomed and introduced to some beautiful ladies. Felt like I was meeting up with old friends. I have a feeling, some of these new friends are going to become life long close friends.

The forum was informative and uplifting. I had filled out an application to be a bcna liason before attending the forum, but did not print it off. Now, following the forum I have the increased confidence that I can do this and going to print and send it as soon as I am finished writing here.

One of the highlights today was meeting and getting to know Raelene Boyle.

Comments

• marls40
    marls40 Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Rikki, Marlene here. It was wonderful meeting you at the Sale forum and hearing a small part of your story. I would love to hear more, you certainly are an inspiration. Traveling to Sale from your home in Tubbut by yourself without knowing anyone there was an enormous step for you to take, thank you for agreeing to be interviewed by the Gippy TImes. im glad you felt welcome it has been my experience that bc women have been the most wecoming and accepting group of people no matter where I have met them. 
    Please keep in touch. ?
    The Sale forum certainly lived up to expectations. Well done BCNA.

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Rikki ... I hope that by now you have done the paperwork to apply for BCNA Community Liaison Training .... you will find it so rewarding.

I attended a Forum in Mildura in August, met Lyn and Raelene and a whole group of women willing to share their stories.

Through the C/L training in Melbourne I met some amazing ladies from all over Australia.  Everyone had a story to tell about their particular journies, and no two stories were the same.  i feel that I have made friends for life, not only with my fellow survivors but with the wonderful young women who work for BCNA.

For me, the C/L Training helped me realise that I am in charge of my own destiny and that i can turn negatives into positives.  Hopefully I can encourage others to do the same.

I am clicking to add you as a contact - hope you accept!!!!  Please don't hesitate to msg me if you're uncertain about anything, need help or just want to chat.

Take care ......

Cheers .... Shirl

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Rikki ... I hope that by now you have done the paperwork to apply for BCNA Community Liaison Training .... you will find it so rewarding.

I attended a Forum in Mildura in August, met Lyn and Raelene and a whole group of women willing to share their stories.

Through the C/L training in Melbourne I met some amazing ladies from all over Australia.  Everyone had a story to tell about their particular journies, and no two stories were the same.  i feel that I have made friends for life, not only with my fellow survivors but with the wonderful young women who work for BCNA.

For me, the C/L Training helped me realise that I am in charge of my own destiny and that i can turn negatives into positives.  Hopefully I can encourage others to do the same.

I am clicking to add you as a contact - hope you accept!!!!  Please don't hesitate to msg me if you're uncertain about anything, need help or just want to chat.

Take care ......

Cheers .... Shirl