Options
Kateb
Kateb Member Posts: 14
edited August 2013 in General discussion
Hi,

Although I had diagnosis and bilateral mastectomy in September - nearly a year since others posted here? It has taken me this long to venture onto this site. So please forgive my slowness to learn how to deal with this technology stuff. Maybe I will manage to get a picture up there one day but more likely to be flowers as I don't like my photo taken.

Edited: blimp number one! Thought I was posting this to the few members of this group ... Was shocked to see it posted amongst the very public messages here?

Will eventually read your stories as time permits, K

Comments

• AnnaB
    AnnaB Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kate,  This is my first time visiting the No reconstruction site.  I am currently exploring reconstruction options but I'm not convinced it's for me.  Of course early days, only 12 months since my diagnosis.  Bilateral mastectomies, axillary node clearance, chemo and radiation have only just finished.  I was a G cup pre surgery so have found it very liberating - not wearing bras, being able to run and not have to hold the girls in place.  I'm currently working on clothing that gives some movement around the chest so I don't have to wear any prosthetics.  After all if there is anything good about having bilateral mastectomies it's that you shouldn't have to ever wear a bra.  We're fortunate that reconstruction is an option if desired but equally fortunate that it is not required.  Good luck

AnnaB

• samaniux
    samaniux Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello, AnnaB,
    How do You feel today with Your decission to have no reconstruction? Any regrets? I am in the journey of my decission and I really be thankful for Your perceptions.

Bests