A day to say good-bye to a friend

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited November 2014 in General discussion

Well, here I am, just finished my Breast Cancer Treatment and ready to go into recovery and regain my energy, and what do you know, a close friend passes away suddenly.

Life just keeps on happening, regardless doesnt it girls!  I want to thank every one for their lovely words of support all the way through my treatment and also to those who reached out even further and said, "Sorry to hear of your loss"

Now its time for me to be strong for my husband, who has just dealt with Cancer, and now says good-bye to his best friend, of 42 years old.  It was sudden and no-one was aware of a health issue, even his doctor.

May we all enjoy each day with those we love with hope, love and happiness...... X Bel

Comments

• Kateb
    Kateb Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How incredible - your and your husband battling cancer then his mate pushes off with no health complications! Surely a fair warning that we must appreciate every moment and every person in our life - there are no guarantees and you need to keep recovering.

Stay strong and be kind to yourself. K
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How sad for your husband and yourself. You've both had it tough but your strength is certainly coming through.

Life is like the ocean really, tossing us around in it's waves. One minute we are up the next we are down.

Keep your chin up Bel and your beautiful spirit shining through and you'll reach calmer waters.

Love to you both
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How sad for your husband and yourself. You've both had it tough but your strength is certainly coming through.

Life is like the ocean really, tossing us around in it's waves. One minute we are up the next we are down.

Keep your chin up Bel and your beautiful spirit shining through and you'll reach calmer waters.

Love to you both
    Janey xxx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a shock for everyone concerned. Life certainly seems a challenge this year for so many people.

I hope it helps to know that we all are thinking of you and your husband. I know you will be there for each other with this unexpected blow to the spirit. You have been and continue to be such a wonderful support to so many of us here.

Sending hugs to you both.
    Deanne xxoo
  • mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations on the completion of your treatment yay for you. With all my heart my wish for you is to have a very long life that is cancer free.

Take care through your recovery, be kind to yourself and don't rush things.

Love and kisses

Donna

• Stemgirl
    Stemgirl Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel,

I'm sorry for your and your husband's loss. Life is so short. We certainly need to appreciate all the moments and live in the now.

Congratulations on finishing treatment - best wishes to you as you regain your energy  and move on to whatever is next.

Ngaire

• Stemgirl
    Stemgirl Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel,

I'm sorry for your and your husband's loss. Life is so short. We certainly need to appreciate all the moments and live in the now.

Congratulations on finishing treatment - best wishes to you as you regain your energy  and move on to whatever is next.

Ngaire

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

thank you Kate, I appreciate your very kind thoughts    What our friend taught me, was how to have a huge crowd at your Tribute, by A. doing as much as you can in one day.  B youre never too busy to do something for a friend C. Be fun and bring as many laughs into your life as possible.

I say this all will a smile, there would have been about 500 people, and there were traffic controllers!.  He was a best friend to many people.  He was extraordinary, and we were lucky to have spent the time with him.

Bel

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

For my darling husband, he was his best friend, and unfortunately, the only close one.   I have asked him to cast his net wider from now on and to find joy in others, so his life is fuller from having known this friend.  

A friend of mine said "Life is like a roller coaster, and he wishes he had have picked the other ride at times".

We will get through, like we always do, for as long as we are here, there is always hope of a better day!

X Bel

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

We are truly gathering experiences in life from each new tragedy.  Any one would think this was 2013 ! hahahah from now on, 13 will be an unlucky number (if you believe in all that stuff).

I know we will be ok, we have each other, and from here we learn a little more about life and ourselves.

I strongly believe that out of every sad time, follows happiness, and always have.

Each day on the planet is always unpredictable!

Thank you Deanne for your message, it is warmly received.

Bel xxx

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Time to find my strength and progress toward the goal of returning to the work force.  I live with optimism, and consider I will still be around until I get old and complain about wrinkles and flabby skin.  (oh .....hang on...smiling).

I am warned it will take a year to get my energy back.  I just want the sun to shine so we can go for walks and get out of the house!!

Thank you for your support Donna, I wish you well with your treatment, and will be keeping an eye on everyone still, Im not a deserter!

X Bel

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ah how we have all learnt that when life gets tough, it is our spirit and determination that pulls us through each bit.

Each day, many times a day, since my husband and I first got together we tell each other we love each other.  Now we say "You are my everything" and we mean it.

From what we just experienced, the loss of his best friend, from now on, I will endeavour to reach out to find love and friendship for us both.  I promise to open my arms wide and help those I can when asked, and I promise to have more fun.

I have been lucky because after having Cancer, I have made lots of new friends, in the hospitals, the Cancer Support Centre and even at a funeral.  It has made me a better person because I am less involved in how I look and more involved with love and happiness.  

I know - everything happens for a reason.  Whether we are happy about it or not.  

As long as I learn and grow - be abetter person each day, I am living my life to the full.

X Bel

• Kateb
    Kateb Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options
    He does sound incredibly special! You were indeed privileged to be amongst his best friends.

My fathers memorial was the best I've been to. They do give ideas of how we'd like ours organised ... Even if it doesn't happen for another forty years, lol.

Keep healing, love and light, k
  • pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am sorry to hear of your husband losing his best, close friend, so suddenly. Your advice is also good on many levels, and uplifting too.

I  recently attended a meeting  in Scottsdale, at the Community House, and an informal Cancer Support is starting. They will possibly go into Launceston at some stage and visit the centre there. It is still evolving at this point.

Best of luck to you and your husband.. Kathy.

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is only bringing us closer!  We are doing well XX Bel