hello I am new

Options
chez_rob
chez_rob Member Posts: 15
edited August 2013 in General discussion

Hi  I live in Narre Warren & I had an op on the 18th july for early breast cancer ,

I had to have a repeat op 10 days later as through pahtology more cancer was found and yesterday I was informed that I have to have yet another op  

My surgoen is trying to conserve the breast but if this doesnt work I will be going back for a  mastectomy  , feeling slightly overwhelmed  by it all right now 

Comments

• chez_rob
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your welcome , I have the kit and  yes have been reading it all, just overwhelmed with the information that I have to go through a 3rd op in  3 weeks  , it is taking its toll physically & emotionally , 

Love Cheryl x

• Kateb
    Kateb Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you are going thru heaps! Hang in there.

I found the kit very useful but was also overwhelmed by all the info to read. You really need someone to put it into plain English for you about your particular situation.

I'm also new to this site, first post! But had a double mastectomy in Sept. so have no idea why they are bouncing you back and forth ... At least they are onto it but it must seem like an endurance test to you.

Have you got good support? It's essential.

Take care, k
  • gilliann
    gilliann Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's understandable that you feel totally overwelmed. The diagnosis itself is enough to contend with as well as further surgery etc.  This website is a god send and I personally don't know how I'd have coped without it the last few months. Intially i felt really isolated when I was 1st diagnosed but the good thing is that your not alone and there are lots of us who have been through similar senarios.  Let us know how you get on, I have everything crossed for you.

Love Gillian xx

• gilliann
    gilliann Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2015
    Options

It's understandable that you feel totally overwelmed. The diagnosis itself is enough to contend with as well as further surgery etc.  This website is a god send and I personally don't know how I'd have coped without it the last few months. Intially i felt really isolated when I was 1st diagnosed but the good thing is that your not alone and there are lots of us who have been through similar senarios.  Let us know how you get on, I have everything crossed for you.

Love Gillian xx

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well, you have come to the right place for support and understanding.  We know exactly how you are feeling and we are here for you.  I have just finished all of my treatment for Breast Cancer, its now 9 months later.

Lets me guarantee that you will cope, find strength, laugh, and make lots of new friends at some point along the way.

You will learn lots about yourself, about your loved ones, and recognise a true friend when you need it.  I found friendships and support from strangers because I had just moved to Launceston.

I had those operations, and the chemo and radiation, and I am here to tell you, just like they told me, take a deep breath and do one day at a time.

Hugs go out to you, and it will all make sense eventually.  X Bel

• chez_rob
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hospital rang  yesterday and surgery is booked for next Thursday 15th Aug , last two times they have put me into the exact same bed in the day surgery ward...  pondering whether to ask for it again and go by the theory...3 rd time lucky!!

Hmmm or do i steer clear of  it ??

• Erica Shadiac
    Erica Shadiac Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Cheryl.
    It's a journey with highs and lows and I'm only part way through myself. Mastectomy in March. AC chemo Apr-June. Taxol July-Sept. Oct-Nov Radiotherapy. Herceptin July 2013-June 2014. Check my blogs if any of that matches your treatment. We're all different but have all had cancer. I document this journey cos I'll forget otherwise - chemo brain. BUT I very much focus on the positives. I have only had to work 4 weeks for the whole of this year! Yippee! I get to see my 3 gorgeous baby grand kids at the most crucial developmental stage of their lives and to hang out with their wonderful mums (my daughters). I'm going on holidays with my new man every month between treatments. I take time to smell the roses! This is time for you to focus on yourself! I reckon 3rd time lucky sounds good!
    Cheers
    Erica
  • Erica Shadiac
    Erica Shadiac Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love your profile pic too!
    Erica
  • dianne_n
    dianne_n Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2015
    Options

I can't even imagine how scared and frustrated you must be feeling. I dealt with having a lumpectomy and that was frightening enough. With complications from getting a blood clot and having to deal with ongoing diabetes - as well as all the cancer 'jargon' the doctors talk about, it's alot to take in. Thoughts are with you through the next surgery. There is light at the end of this scary journey and yes, 3rd time lucky sounds great!!

Take care, Dianne

• chez_rob
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Donna 

I will be having surgery at Moorabbin 

When I started this post I was feeling very very overwhelmed because I went back after the 2nd surgery expecting the all clear to go onto radiation therapy and to be told yet again that it still hadn't all been removed was truelly devastating  That  Tuesday night I was very very low but I have been through a lot in my life ( this will be operation no. 16 )  and each time I manage to pull myself  up and start  again , So I have decided that the best way to cope is too think positively and decide that its 3rd time lucky and just get on with it  . :)

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am having radiation at Peter Mac Moorabbin, they are just great there.

Fingers crossed that 3rd time is super lucky for you.

Donna

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am having radiation at Peter Mac Moorabbin, they are just great there.

Fingers crossed that 3rd time is super lucky for you.

Donna

• chez_rob
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am goin g there tomorrow for the op and I will also be having radiation there , I am relying on the Luck of the Irish tomorrow and wearing  my green shoes  & jumper ..cant hurt.. might help ! 

Cheryl

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

T be sure T be sure 

Mich xoxoxoxo

• chez_rob
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Mich ,

I'm not even looking for a pot of gold just  a good Pathology report in a weeks time..

t be sure, t be sure   :) xxx