Hello

Options
Deanne
Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
edited July 2013 in General discussion
Hi
I was diagnosed with Early Breast Cancer, stage 2, Grade 2 in May 2013. Have had mastectomy and am halfway through 6 rounds of Chemo, with 5 weeks of radiation to follow.
I am 47, married with 2 daughters, 20 and 18. Am keen to connect with others going through this or who have gone through this on the Sunshine Coast.
:) Deanne

Comments

• Belinda Reddan
    Belinda Reddan Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Deanne

I too was diagnosed early May with Grade 2 BC. I am 51, married and have 2 daughters 29 & 27. I had a Lumpectomy, followed a week later a further excision in the same wound. (Ah to be sure to be sure!) hadn't yet reached any nodes. Then I had a Port inserted a week later. I started 6 rounds of Chemo (FEC-D), 3 x FEC and 3 x D. I thought the FEC was bad, however I've just had my first round of D Chemo. Only one way to describe this as CRUEL. Wracked with pain from day 4, it's now day 6. Went to bed 5pm Friday and got out of bed 8am Monday (today). The pain has eased considerably, however still feeling sluggish. I will be up at Curramundi next week with a fellow BC friend if you would like to catch up. Looking forward to hearing from you. Belinda 0412612101
  • Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great to hear from you.

Sounds like we are at a similar stage of treatment. I just had 4 th Chemo, the first of 3 Docetaxel last Thursday. Still feeling very flat and lots of pain. Very sore throat and finding it difficult to even talk at the moment. Still I think this is better than the constant nausea I had with FEC.

Would like to catch up if it works out. Will give you a call when feeling a bit better later this week. Thanks so much for making contact.
    Deanne 0402823682
  • Belinda Reddan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Deanne

Just letting you know I was admitted back into Greenslopes Hospital last night, with a urinary infection. They tell me I should be able to go home Friday or Saturday. My Oncologist said it was common to pick up this sort of infection on D Chemo. No matter how anal I've been. How are you feeling now, did you come out the other side.

Hope your days are improving. Love Belinda xxx
  • Belinda Reddan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Deanne

Just letting you know I was admitted back into Greenslopes Hospital last night, with a urinary infection. They tell me I should be able to go home Friday or Saturday. My Oncologist said it was common to pick up this sort of infection on D Chemo. No matter how anal I've been. How are you feeling now, did you come out the other side.

Hope your days are improving. Love Belinda xxx
  • PammoK
    PammoK Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Deanne & Belinda, was diagnosied back in April 2013, Ihave had a partial mastectomy of the left Breast and only 2 lymph nodes removed, Had my last Chemo yetserday after (6 rounds) getting ready to hit the radiation round about 5 session a week for 5 weeks. Any advice I can give, is stay positive try a keep active, as I got through all my Chemo with not too much drama, conyinued to work Full time, with lots of support form work collegues. I know I have been very very lucky so far with treatment. so keep up the good fight.

:)  Pamela K

• PammoK
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Deanne & Belinda, was diagnosied back in April 2013, Ihave had a partial mastectomy of the left Breast and only 2 lymph nodes removed, Had my last Chemo yetserday after (6 rounds) getting ready to hit the radiation round about 5 session a week for 5 weeks. Any advice I can give, is stay positive try a keep active, as I got through all my Chemo with not too much drama, conyinued to work Full time, with lots of support form work collegues. I know I have been very very lucky so far with treatment. so keep up the good fight.

:)  Pamela K

• Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great that you managed to stay well and keep working through your Chemo Pamela. You must be so happy to have had your last dose. I have been told radiation is a breeze compared to Chemo.
    Except for nausea I managed fairly well through FEC. I am fairly fit and managed to continue walking between 3 and 5 km nearly everyday and continued normal activities in my 2 good weeks each cycle. Docetaxel has been much harder and I ended up with neutropenia (hospital for 3 days) after first dose and am feeling awful again 8 days after second dose. No way could I work and I have only managed my 3 km walk 5 times during first cycle and 0 times this cycle, so far! Will be very relieved to have the last dose over in 2 weeks time!
    How are you managing this time Belinda? Hope you are keeping well. Take care.
    Good luck with radiation Pamela, I am sure you are over the worst now.
    Deanne xox
  • Belinda Reddan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I to have struggled with second round of Docetaxel, with no activity to report. My oncologist reduced D by 15 percent. Thankfully only had 1 full day in bed, however 10 days after treatment and still feeling exhausted and numb in the lips and mouth and food is unenjoyable as I have no taste. I am now finding I'm having a nana nap of an afternoon. This is new to me as I have also been active between chemo sessions. Feeling like jelly legs most of the time now, worse of an afternoon.

Must march on though with only 1 remaining. I start 6 weeks of Radiation on Monday 30 Sept at The Mater.

Chin up ladies, we're nearly their.

Belinda xxxx
  • Belinda Reddan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I to have struggled with second round of Docetaxel, with no activity to report. My oncologist reduced D by 15 percent. Thankfully only had 1 full day in bed, however 10 days after treatment and still feeling exhausted and numb in the lips and mouth and food is unenjoyable as I have no taste. I am now finding I'm having a nana nap of an afternoon. This is new to me as I have also been active between chemo sessions. Feeling like jelly legs most of the time now, worse of an afternoon.

Must march on though with only 1 remaining. I start 6 weeks of Radiation on Monday 30 Sept at The Mater.

Chin up ladies, we're nearly their.

Belinda xxxx
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanne,

How are you going? Did you manage to connecting in with any others from Sunshine Coast? Have you found the support from the online network of value?

:-) x

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Deanne,

How are you going? Did you manage to connecting in with any others from Sunshine Coast? Have you found the support from the online network of value?

:-) x

• PammoK
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Belinda,

forgot to mention that I live in Landsborough, have recived all my treatments on the Sunshine coast, and found the people remarkable and supportive.

I am am up to treatment 10 of 25 raditations and looking forward to fonsihing it all off by the end of this month,

My duaghter had her first baby back in August, it is my 3rd grandchild but the 1st girl, and I spend heaps of time getting in the customary grandparent cuddles.

Hope everything goes well for your next treatment.

pk

• Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Glad you are feeling well again. It is certainly a relief to finish Chemo! I sort of have my taste buds back but still have the yuck taste in my mouth after eating.

Wonderful that you will have a new granddaughter in the New Year. I wonder how our hair will be looking by then?
    I have nothing but fluff at the moment but at least it is cool without much hair.

I am starting to feel ok again but lacking energy. I start radiotherapy on the 9 Oct at Premion in Nambour. Have 2 nights away with my husband up at Montville just before I start. Actually get zapped for the first time on the way home!

We will finish radiation about the same time. Hope it goes well for you.
    Deanne xxxxx

• Deanne
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have found the support from the online network terrific and feel as though I have some new friends.

Have not really found anyone else from the Sunshine Coast online but have a few contacts through treatment and LGFB workshop. It will be easier to get out and attend some face to face support groups now I am through Chemo.

Looking forward to Christmas and a much better 2014!
    :-))
  • Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's great to hear Deanne.....and we can never have too many new friends!

If you wanted to connect in with face-to-face support around your area you can search our directory for support groups - simply type in your postcode: http://www.bcna.org.au/membergroup/search

~Daina