Scarf Bank Launched

Options
Kerries
Kerries Member Posts: 49
edited November 2010 in Community news and events

Hi All

Just letting people know that I have launched my "scarf bank' in the local community. We got front page coverage from the local paper and an article inside. The idea came about during the CL training I did in august, where I thought if I had a collection of scarves ladies could come and borrow some, for free, during their treatment.

I have already had a few donations and lots of community support, I just need someone to use the service now, but I am just glad that an idea I had has finally been set in motion.

I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Cheers

Kerrie

Comments

• Kerries
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All

Just letting you know that I am in the grampians region in victoria. I have a catalogue of some of the scarves I have, so if you would like to use some of my little collection please let me know & I can send it through to you.

Cheers

Kerrie

• Kerries
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi All

Just letting you know that I am in the grampians region in victoria. I have a catalogue of some of the scarves I have, so if you would like to use some of my little collection please let me know & I can send it through to you.

Cheers

Kerrie

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Kerrie, what a brilliant idea you have had!!!

The thought, and the fact, of losing hair during chemo would be very daunting.  I know I wasn't looking forward to it at all, and I was just in "maybe ... what if ..." mode at the time.  As it turned out I was one of the lucky ones ... no chemo needed.

If the pretty scarves you wore when we were in Melbourne are any indication, then your range will be an instant hit.

I have a friend here who was thinking about making scarves and turbans etc to donate to a cause - if she goes ahead with it I'll let you know and send some on to you.

Keep up the good work ...

Cheers .... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Kerrie, what a brilliant idea you have had!!!

The thought, and the fact, of losing hair during chemo would be very daunting.  I know I wasn't looking forward to it at all, and I was just in "maybe ... what if ..." mode at the time.  As it turned out I was one of the lucky ones ... no chemo needed.

If the pretty scarves you wore when we were in Melbourne are any indication, then your range will be an instant hit.

I have a friend here who was thinking about making scarves and turbans etc to donate to a cause - if she goes ahead with it I'll let you know and send some on to you.

Keep up the good work ...

Cheers .... Shirl xx