Hi all

Options
Fleur A
Fleur A Member Posts: 12
edited June 2013 in General discussion
Is it okay if I join your group? Although I'm pretty sure right now I'd rather be joining something else. My names
Fleur and I'm a 38yo mum of to 2 just recently diagnosed
With ibc. I mean breast cancer runs in my family so it was expected at some point but why did I have to get the
Worst type! Anyway it's in my right breast and lymph nodes and after initial shock diagnoses I started chemo within 24hrs I've had 3 rounds of fec and have just had a new one last thurs de something? Which unfortunately knocked me for a 6. Anyway I'm holding up okay and if scans in two weeks are good I'll be having a mastectomy in end of August followed by radiation etc etc. well I just wanted to put myself out there, figured it was time. Xxx

Comments

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sending a warm hello from some one who also has breast cancer, and I thought I had one of "the worst type" myself, however, Im kinda thinking there isnt a good one! (Im smiling, but it may be too soon to be humorous for you Fleur.  I will let the ladies who have IBC get intouch with you, and feel free to always be yourself on the BCNA website, you wont be judged and you will be respected.  Take care XX Bel

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sending a warm hello from some one who also has breast cancer, and I thought I had one of "the worst type" myself, however, Im kinda thinking there isnt a good one! (Im smiling, but it may be too soon to be humorous for you Fleur.  I will let the ladies who have IBC get intouch with you, and feel free to always be yourself on the BCNA website, you wont be judged and you will be respected.  Take care XX Bel

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey FleurA big welcome to you and so glad you found us.I have just gone thru a good few months of having a big scare that I had IBC after having just dealt with BC and all it's treatment for the a 12 month period.  It all seemed impossible but no one seemed to accept that so I had every test under the sun and luckily following a PET scan they decided it isn't IBC but lymphodema.All BC is tough but I have read IBC is tougher.I did 3 FEC chemo which I managed (won't say sailed thru) and then did 3 Taxotere which I did not sail through at all, I sunk big time.  But if it is any consolation I did beat it and I did survive to come out the other side.I am glad you found us and hope we can be here for you as you travel through journey (there is that word again).  Good luck with everything and keep in contact.Lots of love always, Mich xoxoxo
  • Fleur A
    Fleur A Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi nat,

Thanks for that good luck for tomorrow. I'll send you a separate message. Fleur x
  • Ranveig
    Ranveig Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with IBC in July last year, suffered badly through four rounds of chemo, treatment stopped after 4th round due to horrendous side effects, surgery fopr right mastectomy brought forward to November and 2014 saw me receiving 5 weeks of radiation therapy. Have now been given the all clear, which of course is a great thing but I find myself with the "what nows?" and I am so sad, tear up at the drop of a hat. I am still receiving herceptin and have started daily hormone tablets but I am so tired nearly all of the time. I am too tired to even consider full time or even part time work. I am wondering if there are others like me who have little in the way of support - my daughter (18 and studying year 12) who lives with me holds the belief that because I am home all day, I should be the one doing all the chores - cannot get it across to her that I am just too tired to do it. I am in receipt of centrelink benefits and have now been deemed fit enough to work 15 hours a week by a young woman who apparently believed that once radiotherapy finished that was it, I would be 100% fit and I just am not.  she just didn't get that not having a car would add at least 1 hour's travel each way to my day - assuming of course that there is a job for me somewhere. Let me now apologize for being all doom and gloom, would appreciate any advice or comments thanks Ranveig

• Ranveig
    Ranveig Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with IBC in July last year, suffered badly through four rounds of chemo, treatment stopped after 4th round due to horrendous side effects, surgery fopr right mastectomy brought forward to November and 2014 saw me receiving 5 weeks of radiation therapy. Have now been given the all clear, which of course is a great thing but I find myself with the "what nows?" and I am so sad, tear up at the drop of a hat. I am still receiving herceptin and have started daily hormone tablets but I am so tired nearly all of the time. I am too tired to even consider full time or even part time work. I am wondering if there are others like me who have little in the way of support - my daughter (18 and studying year 12) who lives with me holds the belief that because I am home all day, I should be the one doing all the chores - cannot get it across to her that I am just too tired to do it. I am in receipt of centrelink benefits and have now been deemed fit enough to work 15 hours a week by a young woman who apparently believed that once radiotherapy finished that was it, I would be 100% fit and I just am not.  she just didn't get that not having a car would add at least 1 hour's travel each way to my day - assuming of course that there is a job for me somewhere. Let me now apologize for being all doom and gloom, would appreciate any advice or comments thanks Ranveig

• jeanbates
    jeanbates Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have recently got on this site again and noticed your message. I hope you are doing okay since your last post. I don't work either and don't know how others can keep going to work! And some just have too because of their circumstances:-(       I also feel fatigued/tired and don't have the strength to do the things I used too. Plus memory problems! My herceptin finishes the end of the year and I'm on hormone tablets now, because of treatments I have been thrown into osteoprenia and have had Zometa to strengthen my bones. All of the treatment before the hormone tablets or Zometa have made me ache all over. Ranveig I hope things are going better for you. Teenages are not easy! She should be your best friend when she matures a bit. Lots of warm hugs Jeanxo 

• jeanbates
    jeanbates Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have recently got on this site again and noticed your message. I hope you are doing okay since your last post. I don't work either and don't know how others can keep going to work! And some just have too because of their circumstances:-(       I also feel fatigued/tired and don't have the strength to do the things I used too. Plus memory problems! My herceptin finishes the end of the year and I'm on hormone tablets now, because of treatments I have been thrown into osteoprenia and have had Zometa to strengthen my bones. All of the treatment before the hormone tablets or Zometa have made me ache all over. Ranveig I hope things are going better for you. Teenages are not easy! She should be your best friend when she matures a bit. Lots of warm hugs Jeanxo