Morning coffee

Options
seaford jenny
seaford jenny Member Posts: 79
edited June 2013 in General discussion

I have received a number of phone calls from people wishing to get together.

There will be a morning coffee at the Blue Iguana Cafe, Nepean Hwy, Seaford at 11am on Thursday 13th June.

Please feel free to come along!

Jenny

Comments

• Star
    Star Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I will be there, looking forward to meeting some breast cancer buddies. X
  • Star
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Star
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • dianne_n
    dianne_n Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny, I joined a little while ago but no-one was able to meetup and I didn't want to just do online support. I see there's a meeting next Thursday. Love to come along as I haven't been able to find any local groups (I'm in Cheltenham)

Dianne :)

• seaford jenny
    seaford jenny Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Di,

I hope you can come - unfortunatly it's been difficult to get people together most people don't appear interested. When i started this group I was looking for something in the area and there was nothing.

I have tried days nights different days of the week but I am finding people want to join but dont want to meet up.

Recently I have received a lot of enqiries about the group so I decided to make it active again and see what happens.

I hope to see you there.

• marionmcmurray
    marionmcmurray Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny

I would love to join your group and meet for coffee next week. I live in Keysborough. Was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009 and have come thru all the chemo and radiation etc!  Still cancer free up to now so feeling great about that. Would be great to chat to others who have experienced this cursed disease! See u next Thursday

Marion

• dianne_n
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny, thank you for getting back to me about meetup. I suppose people get busy and don't make meeting up a priority which is sad. We all could do with new friends especially ones who 'get it'. Especially now there is a new normal to our lives now..... Has been just on a year since I had chemo, still finding life challenging and family/friends just assume that because I LOOK well I am well and need to get over it.

See you Thursday, Dianne :)

• marionmcmurray
    marionmcmurray Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Great to catch up with Di and Virginia today for coffee. Thanks to both of you for sharing and caring. We must all do this again perhaps once a month?

Good to know that others know exactly what you feel even though we are all different we can all relate to some parts of the dreaded breast cancer treatments.

I am 4 years down the track now and living life to the full! If this cancer teaches you anything it is to take time to "smell the roses" and don't sweat the small stuff

Marion
    xoxo
  • dianne_n
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good to meet up with other breast friends, disappointed only three could get to group though. Love to meet up on a regular basis, would be great to have a member choose place/time as we all live in different suburbs. I live in cheltenham and we have some great cafes!! Friday 11ish is better for me, if others have time, could make it a brunch meeting :)

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    HI everyone , it's hard to find the right time, I have every Friday of if that's good for anyone, I live in lysterfield sth next to endeavour hills. Hope to see some of you ladies soon, for a laugh and chat. Regards adean
  • dianne_n
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had to say I love your profile pic, what a happy couple you look like, I read your comments on your hubby, he sounds like a lovely man!! Friday's are great for me as long as I've got time to get to strength training at 3pm so 11ish best for me. Can always make it a brunch meet up. Happy to travel a little way for meetups, so if you're not able to come down over bayside way, can always meet you somewhere halfway. Jenny is the Facilitator for this group so if you want to contact her directly, I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes. I have set up 'Breast Friends' on BCNA but as yet only have one person join.... Keep well and hope to meet-up soon J
  • dianne_n
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jen, sorry you couldn't make it Thursday morning, only three of made it in the end. Are you free for meetups Friday? Both ladies were keen to make it a regular monthly meeting. Anyway, if you wanted to ask everyone what day/time is best, hope to meet up with you soon J
  • adean
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm easy about the traveling especially with east link and the freeways and the chance to unload with some fellow bc ladies would be great. Regards adean
  • adean
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi just heard the very sad news for Jenny, I know di has started breast friends , maybe this would keep the group going in honour of Jenny's initial startup group, just a thought. Regards adean
  • adean
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi just heard the very sad news for Jenny, I know di has started breast friends , maybe this would keep the group going in honour of Jenny's initial startup group, just a thought. Regards adean