Quiet Hero

Options
Clover
Clover Member Posts: 14
edited June 2013 in General discussion
My husband just cannot tolerate anything much medical at all not even a blood test or discussions about stuff;  the poor darling came to the surgeon appt with me and turned so green and yellow the surgeon asked him to leave the room and get some fresh air!  The poor thing has been fighting down this fear to come to every event I have had to go to including getting up each morning and getting to work by 6.30 and coming home by 3 to drive me to radiaiton just so i have someone to go with!  He won't take no for an answer....  He has amazed me and he tells everyone I am so brave - but he is the brave one - fighting such fears and worry all for me and never complaining or put out.  He has amazed me and has faced so much and I think it has been as hard if not harder for him to watch me go through such new and at times unpleasant challenges on my health and life.God Bless my wonderful friend and Prince!

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nice story.  I do agree that it is very difficult for the carers - they feel so helpless.  My partner of 9 years changed so much when I was first diagnosed that I married him 12 months after diagnosis!!! Second time around has been a different story - he is terrified of losing me and shows it  with sheer frustration.  Allow you husband to "do his thing" for you.  My husband's was to "bring home the $$$" and works so hard at it.  If only I could change his thought patterns. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nice story.  I do agree that it is very difficult for the carers - they feel so helpless.  My partner of 9 years changed so much when I was first diagnosed that I married him 12 months after diagnosis!!! Second time around has been a different story - he is terrified of losing me and shows it  with sheer frustration.  Allow you husband to "do his thing" for you.  My husband's was to "bring home the $$$" and works so hard at it.  If only I could change his thought patterns. XLeonie