Hello Easties

Options
Anna57
Anna57 Member Posts: 7
edited April 2013 in General discussion

Hello Easties, this is Anna here.  I joined a few weeks / months ago, but have been having a tough time with chemotherapy and wan't up to blogging.

I've had febrile neutropenia on the first round of chemo.  Then I have my own 'unique' side effect of going into tachycardia (heart at double speed) each time I have chemotherapy.  I have the chemo on the Thursday, then Sunday morning; ambulance, Emergency department and 'reset' for my heart.   So, three time so far.  Last time it didn't stabilise and I ended up in the cardiac ward.

I have one more treatment to go.  So in three or four weeks am hoping to become a more social person again.  

Does anyone else feel like an outing (morning tea ?) in mid May ?

All the best to you all, Anna.

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well!!! you have been through the mill, i hope the last treatment is a bit better for you. Please keep comming back when you are up to it, i am sure in the future you will be able to help others by your experiences in this crap journey.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE LAST ONE, and look forward to hearing when the final one is done!!!

Regards Moira

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well!!! you have been through the mill, i hope the last treatment is a bit better for you. Please keep comming back when you are up to it, i am sure in the future you will be able to help others by your experiences in this crap journey.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE LAST ONE, and look forward to hearing when the final one is done!!!

Regards Moira

• Enaj
    Enaj Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Anna
    If it makes you feel better one of my symptoms is tachycardia as well, fun isn't it.......NOT. I get it 4-5 days after taxotere
    The doctor at emergency told me when it starts to blow really hard through a straw, sounds weird, but it does actually work for me.
    I've only got one more chemo left too and am really looking forward to a regular heart beat and having hair!!!
    All the very best
    Jane
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey Annait sounds like you have a very good excuse for not blogging on here much lately.  I am so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with the extra horrible side effects of chemo.  As if there isn't enough of them already for you to deal with.I am hoping your final chemo goes really well for you and you bounce back and get out there and enjoy your coffee time in May and June and July etc etc etc.  Good luck kiddo, thinking of you.Lots of love, Mich xoxoxo
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey Annait sounds like you have a very good excuse for not blogging on here much lately.  I am so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with the extra horrible side effects of chemo.  As if there isn't enough of them already for you to deal with.I am hoping your final chemo goes really well for you and you bounce back and get out there and enjoy your coffee time in May and June and July etc etc etc.  Good luck kiddo, thinking of you.Lots of love, Mich xoxoxo
  • Cherylek
    Cherylek Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Anna, I hope that 4th chemo goes better than what you had so far. So sorry to hear you been having such a bad time of it. Hopefully you'll do better on the Taxol. Fingers crossed. Cheryle
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Anna adean here from the easities glad your going ok hopefully us easties will be able to catch up , unfortunately we all seem to not all be well enough to all meet up at the same time. Lets all aim for a may get together. Regards adean
  • mimca
    mimca Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Very new to blogging but here goes.....1st attempt!! Just commenced chemo this week after diagnosis of secondary lung ca.Initial breast ca1995 then2011 and now this. Chemo not to bad.........but anxiety levels are high++++ Anyone experiencing similar and how do they cope. Would love to hear from anyone.....                                                                              mimca
  • mimca
    mimca Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Very new to blogging but here goes.....1st attempt!! Just commenced chemo this week after diagnosis of secondary lung ca.Initial breast ca1995 then2011 and now this. Chemo not to bad.........but anxiety levels are high++++ Anyone experiencing similar and how do they cope. Would love to hear from anyone.....                                                                              mimca