bcsurvivor

Options
bcsurvivor
bcsurvivor Member Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in General discussion

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here. I am looking to meet others who understand the breast cancer rollercoaster ride. I'm 47, mother of two. I have had triple negative breast cancer about to undergo surgery and chemo for second time round. Have had chemo and radiation the first time. Any support or advice would be much appreciated.

Natalie

Comments

• bcsurvivor
    bcsurvivor Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich,

Thank you so much for the warm friendly welcome! I live on Macleay Island with my precious daughter Christy 24 and loving partner Gayle. Sadly I lost my beautiful son to suicide some 10 years ago.

I've only recently joined the website and I have joined the Redlands Support group, only to hear that there is one on the island I live on! lol Oh well the more the merrier!!

I was first diagnosed with grade 3 Triple Negative cancer in left breast in Nov 2011 and had a lumpectomy mid Jan 2012 followed by FEC chemo and then followed by radiation. Lost my hair, hair back curly as! I had my first mammogram and ultrasound since treatment a lump was found and then had FNA and then core biopsy. With core biopsy a grade 2 triple negative tumour was found. Surgeon and oncologist suggested mastectomy and possibly a stronger chemo. Other than that all is good! I'm looking forward to meeting other strong inspirational women.

How are you coping with your journey? Hopefully things are going well for you!Do you have children also? Where do you live Mich? If it's not too far we could meet over coffee at a cafe! Take good care!

Love and Best Wishes,

Nat OX"