Dot

Options
Dot42
Dot42 Member Posts: 120
edited October 2010 in General discussion

Ok I think I have it. My name is Dot and I am 42 yrs old. I was diagnosed on 16/9/2010 with 2x DCIS in right breast and 1 invasive in left. I had a MRI it found another area of DCIS in the right breast. I will be having my bilateral masectomy on 4/11/2010. As you can see by the time I dont sleep well anymore. I am really scared about my operation.

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome Dot

Yep, it brings back memories (the not sleeping bit).  It is so daunting prior to surgery when you are still reeling from the shock of hearing that you have cancer.  Great that you have found this place.  I used to spend hours on line in the middle of the night when I was first diagnosed in 2007.

I have had a bilateral mastecomy.  My first in 2007 of my left and then I chose to have my right off earlier this year, so at least you are getting them both done at once.  Only one recovery.  In hindsight I wished I would have had them both off in 2007.  It is not a painful surgery, the drains that they put in are unconfortable and if you need to have an anxcillary clearance that hurts a little and makes mobility of your arm a little difficult.

I am sure you have loads of questions, so feel free to ask away.  I had surgery and chemo and then reconstruction this year and I now feel great and will be celebrating my 40th birthday later this year with a big bang.

Good luck.

Tanya

• Dot42
    Dot42 Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Jo for your help,  Yes Tanya is great. I am still getting use to this blogging. So I reply to Tanya through email.  Let me know if this worked.  How you going after your operation.  Do you have to have any treatment.  It does feel better knowing that there is other people my age going through the dealings of breast cancer.  Anytime you want to talk let me know.

Best wishes Dot

• joleeh5
    joleeh5 Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dot,

Yes I am recovering well from my op and yes have to have chemo and radio therapy. So now I am just trying to gather information to make a well informed choice. I think I will ask our members what they think. Thankyou and likewise to you if you need to talk.

Cheers Jo