Magsblog

Options
magsblog
magsblog Member Posts: 14
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

My name is Magalie, I am 34 and I have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer 6 months ago.

Luckily I felt the lump at its early stage, it was still small and the cancer had not spread yet. But because it was quite an aggressive type of cancer and because I am still so young, I am actually going through 9 months of treatment including chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

I decided to share my story by drawing cartoons.

Because drawing is helping me going through this journey.

And because I would like to attract attention for the breast-cancer cause among younger women, to educate them and the people who care about them... in a simple way - in cartoons !

The link is http://magsblog.com/

I will try to add at least one illustration every week. I hope you will like them :) And do not hesitate to comment / like / share !

Tagged:

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magalie,

I just wanted to jump in and say Welcome to BCNA's online network. Thank you for sharing your experience so far. You are an amazing artists and I look forward to keeping an eye out on how you are going through your Cartoons.

If you need a hand finding your way around just shout.

Cheers,
    Daina

• juliegl
    juliegl Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love your cartoon. so you must have finished chemo. I am about to finish in 2 weeks.

I have 3 little children. Hopefully the cancer will never come back so we can raise our little ones.
  • magsblog
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yay! you are almost at the end of the chemo, well done!!

I still have 7 cycles of Taxol left... so hopefully I will finish chemo in 7 weeks (unless my white cell count is playing a bit...)

You are right, I hope this cancer will never come back.

Thanks Julie for your message and your support :)

• magsblog
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Daina for your message and support.

I am happy to be a member of the BCNA's online network, finally!!

• Donna
    Donna Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Luved it!! Your story was so similar to mine, I was diagnosed with DCIS when I was 36 and I thought thesame thing to young only old ladies get it, I'll worry about checking when i turn 40!!

I work at Cancer Council Tasmania a couple days a week and will be showing our senior suppport office you blog :~)

• JulieS
    JulieS Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magalie,

Wonderful cartoons, you are so very talented. I can relate so much to the cartoons, thank you for sharing with us :)

Julie

• JulieS
    JulieS Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magalie,

Wonderful cartoons, you are so very talented. I can relate so much to the cartoons, thank you for sharing with us :)

Julie

• lindaj
    lindaj Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magalie

Just brilliant - I loved your blog. So talented. Keep up the good work.

Linda

• lindaj
    lindaj Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magalie

Just brilliant - I loved your blog. So talented. Keep up the good work.

Linda

• dawngirl
    dawngirl Member Posts: 130
    edited March 2015
    Options

This is so a published book waiting to happen. A perfect, perfect book waiting to happen. I hope you explore this possibility -- would be your gift of an invaluable resource to women affected by breast cancer, and the people who love them. x

• dawngirl
    dawngirl Member Posts: 130
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks for sharing your art too! it's beautiful x

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Magalie

Welcome to the pink sisters club. Sorry that you have had to join us, especially at such a young age (any age sucks). Unfortunately BC doesn't seem to take age in to consideration...

I loved reading your blog. I found it informative reading and so much more interesting with the illustrations. It was great how you put it in such laymans terms.

I also agree it will make an absolute excellent book for anyone to read and understand the steps and stages of diagnosis, treatment, life changes etc. etc. Good luck with it and looking forward to more reading.

Well done, keep on blogging, drawing and keep on smiling.

Lots of love, Mich xoxo

• jjmum
    jjmum Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magalie

I love the cartoons, they are great.  I too am a only in my 30's with two young kids and never thought it would happen to me.  I believe it makes you a stronger person that can tackle anything life is going to throw at you.  Stay strong and keep drawing!!

Karen

• jjmum
    jjmum Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magalie

I love the cartoons, they are great.  I too am a only in my 30's with two young kids and never thought it would happen to me.  I believe it makes you a stronger person that can tackle anything life is going to throw at you.  Stay strong and keep drawing!!

Karen

• juliegl
    juliegl Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Can you turn this into a poster? I would love to hang this up on my wall.

love
    Julie