HI LADIES!

Options
LeeS
LeeS Member Posts: 128
edited October 2010 in General discussion

HI Ladies.

I didn't ralise I hadn't joined thegroup!...so here I am. I loved reading your posts. Well done with your talk Mandy. I love that you looked at our photo for a boost. And I love how close we all got at the liaison weekend. I didn't have any luck with the local newspaper but there is more than one local rag so I will get BOLD and contact them. I admit that I emailed the editor and got scared off when I didn't get a reply. I know I should have phoned the b)*&)&^&)!!!

I have decided to paint the local shopping centre pink for October since I frequent it so often...and Bakers Delight just happens to be there too. And do a mini field at the coffee shop.

ANY IDEAS ON HOW BAKERS DELIGHT CAN PARTICIPATE?

I introduced myself to one of the team at Bakers Delight the day after I got back from Melbourne. I had actually already got her onside a week before as she is pregnant and I offered her some babystuff I don't want! So, that made it easier.

Anyway...the plan is to go in there tomorrow to chat to everyone (wearing my official PINK BCNA stuff! I was going to do it today but have a horrible flu bug (feels like a less severe side affect of chemo!!!) and my boys are home with gastro...well, Bailey is simply worn out I think!

What else...I have contacted the mayor of Mandurah to have a chat about ideas...lucky for me she is great mates with Mum and her besties!!!

UMMM...oh, I missed a great opp to have a table at a Relay For Life women's expo next month but have asked if I can possibly put up a few posters and leave some brochures. Haven't heard back yet.

That's about it so far...as with all of you I'm sure, my head is always buzzing with ideas...time is of the essence however. I'm sure every bit counts.

LOVE TO ALL...I love to hear about all of your adventures, BCNA linked or not!

Lee. X

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there good to see you on line, don't worry too much that you haven't been out and about.  As I said the other night, you have two little boys that must be your priority (and a big one too I guess LoL ).

When you go into Bakers Delight, ask to see the manager for a chat.  If you are going to have your field, ask if they can put pink icing on their finger buns and cup cakes (if they make them).  They may give you some to have on a table.  See if they can get some large bottles of juice - or even get it from the supermarket (as a donation maybe) - juice and fingerbuns for smoko!

Go into your paper office, rather than phone ..... tell them you have got a story that they need to print. 

Getting the community involved is good ... it's amazing what a network will achieve and you're starting at the top with the Mayor.  I thought of a bit of an idea and it just kept getting bigger (bit like putting a pair of rabbits in a cage overnight and finding a dozen of them in the morning.  You'll understand what I mean, you know how my sense of humour works!!!).

Keep plugging along, there's another couple of weeks in Sept.  You don't have jto do it for all of Oct .... the actual Breast Cancer Awareness Day is 25th Oct, so maybe just concentrate on that date and get your shopping centre to go all out for that one day.

Give me a yell if you need a hand (figuratively speaking of course) or you just want to pick my brains ... just don't take too much.

Chat later ..... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there good to see you on line, don't worry too much that you haven't been out and about.  As I said the other night, you have two little boys that must be your priority (and a big one too I guess LoL ).

When you go into Bakers Delight, ask to see the manager for a chat.  If you are going to have your field, ask if they can put pink icing on their finger buns and cup cakes (if they make them).  They may give you some to have on a table.  See if they can get some large bottles of juice - or even get it from the supermarket (as a donation maybe) - juice and fingerbuns for smoko!

Go into your paper office, rather than phone ..... tell them you have got a story that they need to print. 

Getting the community involved is good ... it's amazing what a network will achieve and you're starting at the top with the Mayor.  I thought of a bit of an idea and it just kept getting bigger (bit like putting a pair of rabbits in a cage overnight and finding a dozen of them in the morning.  You'll understand what I mean, you know how my sense of humour works!!!).

Keep plugging along, there's another couple of weeks in Sept.  You don't have jto do it for all of Oct .... the actual Breast Cancer Awareness Day is 25th Oct, so maybe just concentrate on that date and get your shopping centre to go all out for that one day.

Give me a yell if you need a hand (figuratively speaking of course) or you just want to pick my brains ... just don't take too much.

Chat later ..... Shirl xx