Meeting with plastic surgeon

Options
lillekatt
lillekatt Member Posts: 35
edited September 2012 in General discussion
I met a plastic surgeon last Thursday and first of all I learned that my medibank private does not cover reconstruction. He mainly talked about silicon implant. He said it was unfortune I had already 2 lumpectomy and big scars. I feel I should get mastectomy and expander inserted but since my private insurance does not cover I asked my cancer doctor to put me in public queue. I don't know how long I have to wait. If I did as private patient I could have had it next Tuesday.
1st and 2nd operations were quick as they were done under private. But I need the 3rd one now and have to wait. I still have many questions. I have no idea when and how plastic surgeon decide how to reconstruct my breast and what happens to nipple etc. I booked another consultation with my cancer surgeon as private patient.
Her public consultation hours are fully booked. It seems like I can still see her as private patient as long as I go to her private office. Quite complicated.
Any way... My treatment is incomplete.. I hope to get 3rd operation soon....
11 days after operation a huge bruise appeared on incision and it hurt. I cannot breathe deeply and it causes neck pain as well. Bit worried.