ADMIN: Site update

Options
Daina_BCNA
Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
edited August 2012 in General discussion

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some very exciting news on a new update to the online network that we made earlier today (you may have noticed that the website was temporarily unavailable). Many of you told us that the old way of posting images was confusing and you’d like something easier.  So, here it is - a new and easier method that lets you upload an image straight from your own computer when you make a post.

To take advantage of this new functionality, just start a post the same way you always would, but you’ll now see two new buttons in the posting window.  Just click on the little camera image on the right, and browse to where your image is stored (see below):

There’s also a new button for you to add a video if you want to (click on the ‘YouTube’ button).  For now, you still need to have your video already uploaded in YouTube, we don’t offer the option to upload video to our site because of the high bandwidth costs involved in hosting video.

Finally, we’ve also updated some small bugs and made the search work a bit better. 

Thanks to everyone who gave us feedback about what you were finding tricky -- I hope this update makes things a bit easier. As always, let me know if you notice anything strange.

~ Daina

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great idea ..... love to share pics with everyone and now a way of doing it that even I can understand !!!!

All I have to do is press the right buttons at the right time and hey presto !!!

Cheers ... Shirl

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great idea ..... love to share pics with everyone and now a way of doing it that even I can understand !!!!

All I have to do is press the right buttons at the right time and hey presto !!!

Cheers ... Shirl

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Shirl! It is great to hear from you. I look forward to seeing you work your majic with the right buttons at the right time :-) I overheard Marita talking with you today. Maybe you could make a new blog post and share an image of what you have been upto. However, I am not sure anything will top the pink tractor run last year ;-)

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Di, you're a genius !!!!  Have uploaded two pics already, and it wasn't even difficult ... very proud of myself 9she says modestly !!! )

Cheers ... Shir x0x

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy, I am glad you will get some use out of the easy upload of an image to your blog posts. I look forward to hearing from you and maybe testing the upload of an image ;-)

When you get a chance - give me a call and we can go through the problem you are having with maps across the site! I think I have a fix for this problem!

~Daina

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Di. As you know it is great to have it out there now :-) I am just looking forward to seeing others benifit from sharing their images.

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again,now I've got the hang of it I'll post some more pics of our little reunion we had in July.  Even though I'd been ill I was as determined to get there as I am to get to Sydney in Oct. .  Will post some random Bendigo pics over the next few days.

Cheers .. Shirl x0x

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Shirl - My parents are up in Mildura for a holiday and they were in Wentworth today. I got a text message from them which included the following picture. They were very excited to see the Pink Lady up in the window of 'Wentworth Motors' - I am sure you had something to do with this! :-)  It looks great!

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Daina, I am off to Port Douglas and back in September- I will contact you then re the maps and support group buildings etc. Can't wait to be in the warmth, I want an end to this damned sinus virus- had it since end of June! Take care Mandy xx

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, really jealous !!!  Leaving the cold and wet weather behind you and going to sunny Qld !!!!

Enjoy yourself and recharge the batterys ready for Sydney in Oct

Luv Shirl x0x

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Shirl!!  Nice to see you pop up, how are you doing??  Are you still recovering?? I'm very happy you figured out the image posting -- looking forward to a lot of pink tractors in our future! :)

Mandy -- I'm sharing Shirl's jealousy about the Port Douglas trip.  It's a while since I've been there, but I remember that beach pretty well (I spent a LOT of time sitting on it ;).  Have fun, and I hope your sinuses are clear as a bell when you get back.

Di

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Will enjoy it, Di. Finished work at 3 today so holiday already started lol.