ON HOLIDAY

Options
FranP
FranP Member Posts: 396
edited July 2012 in General discussion

Hi everyone sorry i haven't been on line we are having a well deserved break. we left home for Northern central QLD on 23rd july went to lightning ridge , didn't strike it rich , BUMMER.

on 28th we went to walleroo and roma at Roma went shopping and at the supermarket there is a really high side step and muggins (me ) misjudged the hight and fell ,on my crook side of all sides ,Bruised my right shoulder , bruised my ribs and cancer  boob, split my right eyebrow open  a beauty blood everywhere and ended up with a black eye, , i laugh a bout it now but wasnt funny at the time and not one person came to help or ask if i was okay,

i'm still very sore and my eye is getting blacker and bluer, don't need eyeliner, get plenty of good looks from people 

poor Daryl was so upset,

then went to Canarvon gorge 29th july  where i celebrated my 59th birthday and my 5 years no cancer visible.

an amazing place, we didnt do all the walks as Daryl is still recovering and i was in a bit of pain but we did four fairly strenuous walks,very expensive though $42 a night phew.

we are now in a town called Sapphire and have been looking for Sapphires no luck but sightseeing is good and i am glad for the rest.

we are staying in the Sapphire caravan park retreat and it is sooooo beautiful,and reasonable priced too.  $27-00 beautiful bush setting and the whole set up is amazing. 

we will probably head towards the coast from here. keep you posted 

Daryl has banned me from Supermarkets ha ha ha . hope everyone is okay . xxxxxxx

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

sorry to hear about your fall but jealous about where you are, sounds gorgeous, so ENJOY, Great news about the 5 year milestone, and happy birthday here's to plenty more without the falls lol Regards Moira

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi thanks for the reply's. i am slowly getting better still get a little dizzy but then i think i have always been a bit dizzy ha ha, 

Glad you have settled in Annie and i have tried tai chi and no it isnt easy need good co-ordination . 

i really hope i dont fall again bloody hurt still does. couldnt believe it, and yes I get some good looks not Daryl so much, my eye is still swollen and allot blacker and where the gash on my temple is is very sore. so don,t know how long it will last., silly me, xxx we are in Townsville at the moment and it is good weather going to magnetic island tomorrow so hope i don,t get seasick could loose my false teeth over board , be just my luck, 

we got to Townsville at 12-02 and got lost looking for a van park went round and round no signs , no street signs GREAT got to a park at 3-28 very tired and Daryl mega pissed off, i ended up laughing like heck once we got here i reckond we were just going in circles, silly Victorians ha ha 

well take care girls and stay well. xx 

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi thanks for the reply's. i am slowly getting better still get a little dizzy but then i think i have always been a bit dizzy ha ha, 

Glad you have settled in Annie and i have tried tai chi and no it isnt easy need good co-ordination . 

i really hope i dont fall again bloody hurt still does. couldnt believe it, and yes I get some good looks not Daryl so much, my eye is still swollen and allot blacker and where the gash on my temple is is very sore. so don,t know how long it will last., silly me, xxx we are in Townsville at the moment and it is good weather going to magnetic island tomorrow so hope i don,t get seasick could loose my false teeth over board , be just my luck, 

we got to Townsville at 12-02 and got lost looking for a van park went round and round no signs , no street signs GREAT got to a park at 3-28 very tired and Daryl mega pissed off, i ended up laughing like heck once we got here i reckond we were just going in circles, silly Victorians ha ha 

well take care girls and stay well. xx 

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fran, You are in my territory.  When I read that you were in Sapphire and heading to the coast, I thought I might get to catch up with you but you we going north not east.  My nearest coast is Yeppoon - Sapphire is west of Yeppoon and you went North.  I was in Townsville a couple of weekends ago.  It is looking good at the moment so Magnetic Island will be magnificant.  Enjoy the sun - most of my southerner friends have recently struck loads of rain.  It has been our wettest July ever.  Happy travelling. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fran, You are in my territory.  When I read that you were in Sapphire and heading to the coast, I thought I might get to catch up with you but you we going north not east.  My nearest coast is Yeppoon - Sapphire is west of Yeppoon and you went North.  I was in Townsville a couple of weekends ago.  It is looking good at the moment so Magnetic Island will be magnificant.  Enjoy the sun - most of my southerner friends have recently struck loads of rain.  It has been our wettest July ever.  Happy travelling. XLeonie