Calling for donations

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited June 2012 in General discussion

Hello everyone,

Once a year, BCNA invites our supporters to make a tax-deductible donation to help us continue to provide free information and support to Australians affected by breast cancer. 

With the number of women newly diagnosed with breast cancer increasing each year, it is essential that our services continue to meet the needs of our growing membership.

How you can help

We'd love it if you could make a donation if you're in a position to do so, but we're also asking our friends and supporters to help us spread the word about our donations campaign.

Being social-media savvy, you can help by sharing the link to the donations page in your Facebook, Twitter, or other online blogs to help spread the word about how much we appreciate support at this time of year.

Simply go to the donations page (http://www.bcna.org.au/donate-now), and click on the "share this page" link at the top of the page to share into your favourite social media.

Every little bit counts

• $30 gives 25 breast cancer survivors a copy of The Beacon
  • $50 provides a newly diagnosed woman with a My Journey Kit
  • $100 provides 95 women with a copy of our sexual wellbeing resource
  • $200 allows one breast cancer survivor to attend one of our forums across Australia

We couldn't do what we do without the support of people like you who share our passion and commitment. 

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Maxine.

P.S.  If you would like to donate, you can do so using our secure online donations form. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.

Comments

• Kristen
    Kristen Member Posts: 114
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think it is so polite how once a year you specifically ask for donations via Beacon & Network -& which i gladly have done.Once a year is simple ,easy to remember & not feel bombarded with requests. I love getting my Beacon magazine in the mail & read it cover to cover. I then use it for discussion at our BC support group sometimes or i can mention it in our newsletter as a reference eg this month will definately be mentioning airport scanners article.

I also know first hand how incredibly helpful the My Journey Kit was when i was diagnosed 5yrs ago so i love to think my donation may help out someone else.

Keep up the great work.

• Kristen
    Kristen Member Posts: 114
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think it is so polite how once a year you specifically ask for donations via Beacon & Network -& which i gladly have done.Once a year is simple ,easy to remember & not feel bombarded with requests. I love getting my Beacon magazine in the mail & read it cover to cover. I then use it for discussion at our BC support group sometimes or i can mention it in our newsletter as a reference eg this month will definately be mentioning airport scanners article.

I also know first hand how incredibly helpful the My Journey Kit was when i was diagnosed 5yrs ago so i love to think my donation may help out someone else.

Keep up the great work.