My Knitted Animals

Shazinoz
Shazinoz Member Posts: 307
edited June 2012 in General discussion

A Mermaid I knitted for my Niece (I have since also knitted another one for my husbands cousins child (who we call a niece becasue it is easier).

Mermaid

A Camel I knitted

Camel from Side

Camel from Front

A Doll I knitted

Doll in Purple Dress

This is a Doll I knitted when my Niece was born (the one who also has the mermaid above)

Doll in Pink Dress

This is a Horse I knitted

Horse from Side

Horse from Side

And a Tedy too (the picture does not do him justice)

Teddy Bear

A rabbit I knitted complete with carrot and little furry tail (which you can't see)

Rabbit

I have others which I don't have pictures for yet, such as a seal (I made the pattern for him as well), and a pink flamingo (also made the pattern for him), a clown, a cat, and some others (too I think).

These are all made using a VERY simple method mostl from a book called knit a square make a toy. They are made entirely from knitted squares and rectangles in plain stich only), and you get the shapes form how you put them together.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Oh my goodness, how cute are they?!   I think I'd be quite happy to cuddle that horse, myself!  :D

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hi Shaz

Very cute, well done.  I got my knitting out the other day as haven't even looked at it for years (no time, too busy ha ha)  I have time now. 

I was so happy I could remember how to cast on and how to knit a plain stitch.  Unfortunately I haven't picked it up again since the other day as not been well but I am sure I will.  Do you find it relaxing for you?

Do you keep them or give them all away to nieces and family?

Well done

Mich xo

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hi Shaz

Very cute, well done.  I got my knitting out the other day as haven't even looked at it for years (no time, too busy ha ha)  I have time now. 

I was so happy I could remember how to cast on and how to knit a plain stitch.  Unfortunately I haven't picked it up again since the other day as not been well but I am sure I will.  Do you find it relaxing for you?

Do you keep them or give them all away to nieces and family?

Well done

Mich xo

• Shazinoz
    edited March 2015

I haven't knitted since I began chemo either.

I keep them or give them away. Ienter them in the Canbera show each year, and have won a few 1sts and twice now have won best in my category (the horse got a 1st, champion and best overall, and my flamingo (which i don't have a photo of yet) won best in show etc in 2011. I have a number of other 1st's and 2nd's for them too (in fact i think they have nearly all won something).

I do often find it relaxing, but with my chemo brain etc I can't cope with it at present.

I just enjoy making them sometimes.

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015

Shaz -- we need to put them in the Creative Corner flickr account.  What do you think?  Do you know how to do that, or would you like me to do it for you?

SO cute! :)

• Shazinoz
    edited March 2015

I have NO IDEA how to do it, can you PLEASE do it for me Di. ?

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015

Done!  You can see them in the account, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bcnacreativecorner/

I still have to work out how to embed them, though. :)

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015

Yes, leave them as they are (don't delete them).  I haven't worked out how to get the flickr ones to work yet.  Will let you know...