My first post

Maza
Maza Member Posts: 14
edited June 2012 in General discussion

Diagnosed late last year, masectomy and all 30 lymph nodes removed in mid Jan this year.     Tomorrow is my last (6th) chemo - HURRAH!   It's been a roller coaster of a ride, but the support staff, surgeon, chemo Prof & radiology Prof have been exceptional - as has my wonderful husband. I am over being bald and the fluid retention is driving me nuts - I feel (and look) like a beached whale at times and I cannot wait to get my taste buds back, I so miss good chocolate and a glass of champagne!   Thanks to the various drugs they give me in the first week of each chemo cycle (TAC), I have managed to avoid severe sickness thank goodness, just some mild nausea.   Other side effects have not been too severe so I think I have been relatively lucky.    A short break after chemo and then on to Radiation, duration etc. to be determined.    Look forward to reading about other's journeys and experiences.    Toodle Pip!

Comments

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015

Congratulations on your final chemo hurrraayyy!!!! Happy dance in progress for you... YAY! 

• Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015

Well done Mazza, it is an achievement to celebrate.

Cheers,

Cheryl

• Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015

Well done Mazza, it is an achievement to celebrate.

Cheers,

Cheryl

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Maza, sorry to hear you're on the roller coaster, but I'm glad you've come and joined us here on the site. Congrats on the milestone of the end of your chemo, go YOU!  Come back tomorrow and let us know how it all goes. :)

Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Maza, sorry to hear you're on the roller coaster, but I'm glad you've come and joined us here on the site. Congrats on the milestone of the end of your chemo, go YOU!  Come back tomorrow and let us know how it all goes. :)

Di

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Mazza

Congrats on getting this far through on this wonderful journey you are on.  As they say the worst will soon be over and then you will be able to look back and say that all that was in the past and now you can start living for the present.  They say radiation can be a walk in the park compared to chemo so I am keeping everything crossed that this will be the case for you.

Sounds like you have been fairly lucky with side effects from chemo so I hope you can continue along this track with no too many detours.

Well done, yahoooooooooooo kiddo.

Mich xoxo

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Mazza

Congrats on getting this far through on this wonderful journey you are on.  As they say the worst will soon be over and then you will be able to look back and say that all that was in the past and now you can start living for the present.  They say radiation can be a walk in the park compared to chemo so I am keeping everything crossed that this will be the case for you.

Sounds like you have been fairly lucky with side effects from chemo so I hope you can continue along this track with no too many detours.

Well done, yahoooooooooooo kiddo.

Mich xoxo

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015

Hi Mazza

Also doing a dance for you. Hip hip hooray to you.

Next step and onto the home stretch.

Glad you haven't had much of a hic cup with your chemo. So now, the radiation should be a walk in the park.

Have a little sip of the alcohol stuff, I am sure you deserve it.

Take care and keep posting. Love Julie

Oh and by the way, welcome :)