New to this....

Options
Sammie78
Sammie78 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2012 in General discussion
Hello...
Im new to blogs & actually most things to do with the internet or computers. Im 34, have a boyfriend, no kids yet & completely useless with technology. Haha.

Its been 1year this month, since my diagnosis. And WOW... What a year.
Lumpectomy... Done
Chemo.... Done
Radio... Done
Herceptin... Almost finished, 12 months :-)
Tamoxafin... Started, but on a break. :-$

As i was going through treatment, i think i just wanted it to be done & over with & then forgotten about. But it really hasnt been that easy. Now its ALL starting to sink in. Im hoping to connect with others going through, or have been through similar. I think being faced with everything in the last year has made me into a little warrior fighter. But sumtimes, the world seems very scary.

Comments

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls....

Wow, as you have said, we are all travelling the same path BC, but have different treatments etc.

But this website does reunite us all as ONE.

Atleast you have gone quite far in all your treatment. I have just started.... boohoo

It does hit you at some point. But,  atleast you found it and getting it fixed. There are probably others out there that are walking around at the moment having BC and dont know it. That would be devastating.

Atleast we are all having some sort of treatment and having this horrible "thing" removed. 

In a way I am glad I found it, had it removed, and now being treated for it. Cos, as my surgeon had said to me - if I didn't find it I wouldnt be here at Xmas. So I thank "my lucky stars".

Love and big hugs JulieXX

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi girls....

Wow, as you have said, we are all travelling the same path BC, but have different treatments etc.

But this website does reunite us all as ONE.

Atleast you have gone quite far in all your treatment. I have just started.... boohoo

It does hit you at some point. But,  atleast you found it and getting it fixed. There are probably others out there that are walking around at the moment having BC and dont know it. That would be devastating.

Atleast we are all having some sort of treatment and having this horrible "thing" removed. 

In a way I am glad I found it, had it removed, and now being treated for it. Cos, as my surgeon had said to me - if I didn't find it I wouldnt be here at Xmas. So I thank "my lucky stars".

Love and big hugs JulieXX

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sammie -- just wanted to say hi and welcome.  What a year you've had -- sometimes it all catches up with you, doesn't it? 

Don't worry about the technology, you're doing fine. Dive in wherever you like, and just ask any time if you get stuck. :)

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sammie -- just wanted to say hi and welcome.  What a year you've had -- sometimes it all catches up with you, doesn't it? 

Don't worry about the technology, you're doing fine. Dive in wherever you like, and just ask any time if you get stuck. :)

• melissamorticia
    melissamorticia Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Sammie Im also new to technology and blogs.
    I just turned 40 new boyfriend of one year then smacked in the face with BC. My journey hasnt begun yet my lumpsectomy and sentinal biopsy is 8 Jan. scared witless about the chemo and side effects.
    hope you have a Merry Xmas