Happy Mother's Day

Options
SoniaWhite48
SoniaWhite48 Member Posts: 51
edited October 2016 in Community news and events
Yesterday I celebrated Mother's Day a week early with my three beautiful kids and my Mum, Dad and sister. I will be in hospital three hours away from home on the real day, having neurosurgery on my brain metastase, hence the early start.

It was a beautiful day that started with a two course brekky in bed cooked by my kids! My compliments to the chef, it was delicious!

After much excited gift giving, including Pandora bracelet breast cancer ribbons, we all went out for a lovely lunch at Tranquility Gardens at Legana. The food, company and walk around the lake was exceptional and relaxing.

The day was topped off with a roast lamb dinner cooked by my Mum, sister and niece.
Thanks ladies I hope you enjoyed Mother's Day as much as I did!

Comments

• Al
    Al Member Posts: 325
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sonya. Hope all goes well with the surgery. I will be thinking of you. Not an easy thing to have to face but stay positive. 

You "mother's Day" sounded beautiful. This unpredicable journey really brings home what is important and we tend to reassess our priorities.

Take care and all the very best for the best possible outcome.

Alison (Perth) xxx

• Jaci
    Jaci Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sonya - What a great idea and what a special day your family arranged for you.  All best wishes for next Sunday and your surgery.  You will be in all our thoughts as we have Mother's Day with our families.  Sending special love your way.

Jaci

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sonia, what a good idea -- it sounds like you had a lovely day. Best wishes for your surgery, will be thinking of you. :)

Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sonia, what a good idea -- it sounds like you had a lovely day. Best wishes for your surgery, will be thinking of you. :)

Di

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am so glad that you had a lovely Mother's Day! Good luck for your surgery and ongoing treatment.

I read your bio - you may want to join the advanced BC group on here. It's not overly active but a good support. There is also a very active Facebook group for younger women affects by BC.

It sounds like you have a good support network in place - that's great. I Imagine you will start tykerb and xeloda (just guessing but seems usual for her2 with brain mets) - I'm currently on this combo so happy to share my experiences with side effects if you want.

Wishing you the very best for a wonderful Mother's day again next week too.
    Much love,
    Amanda x (Melbourne)
  • MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am so glad that you had a lovely Mother's Day! Good luck for your surgery and ongoing treatment.

I read your bio - you may want to join the advanced BC group on here. It's not overly active but a good support. There is also a very active Facebook group for younger women affects by BC.

It sounds like you have a good support network in place - that's great. I Imagine you will start tykerb and xeloda (just guessing but seems usual for her2 with brain mets) - I'm currently on this combo so happy to share my experiences with side effects if you want.

Wishing you the very best for a wonderful Mother's day again next week too.
    Much love,
    Amanda x (Melbourne)
  • Amy
    Amy Member Posts: 233
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sonia

Happy Mother's Day.  Good luck with your surgery.  Sounds like you have great support around you.

I'll be thinking of you as I do the Mother's Day Classic with my kids!

amy x

• SoniaWhite48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thankyou all so much for your kind words ladies. I am a bit nervous about the next few days ahead, but it helps to know there are others out there already making the journey.

Enjoy your day next Sunday with your families.

Cheers Sonia  xxxx

• SoniaWhite48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thankyou all so much for your kind words ladies. I am a bit nervous about the next few days ahead, but it helps to know there are others out there already making the journey.

Enjoy your day next Sunday with your families.

Cheers Sonia  xxxx