Connecting

Options
FayeBarwon
FayeBarwon Member Posts: 1
edited April 2012 in Day to day

It's been 2 years since my diagnosis. Whilst I found BCNA a wonderful organisation and very supportive for both my family & I when diagnosed, I also have avoided too much contact. Am I the only one that gets freak out by personal stories in Beacon, when the cancer has reoccurred. I cling to the fact my doc said "the small, early, and hormone positive" great result. So............. 2 years on I feel ready to attend a conference and increase my knowledge on the disease I have encountered. I hope it won't freak me out too much!

Cheers Faye

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Faye -- just wanted to say welcome to the Conference online group. I think it's great that you'll be attending the conference, look forward to seeing you there!

Di :)

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Looking forward to meeting you if I can afford to go to the conference. It is amazing what I learn at each and every meeting about what others have been through;from the medical people what new treatments, discoveries have been made and the potential for us all.

I have been unable to particiapate in pink bun appeal (although love to eat them) as this coincides with my waiting for Breastscreen results & surgery on 24th May. Silly really as I am now almost 6 years since surgery and over 4 since infusions & radiotherapy complete.

At least I was not as stressed for my 5th post surgery annual review recently as I am in a better headspace now and very happy with the amazing results I have had with Lymphoedema treatment in the past year.

The main thing is to try be positive, do what we can & can what we can't.

Carol

• Carol
    Carol Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    Options

Looking forward to meeting you if I can afford to go to the conference. It is amazing what I learn at each and every meeting about what others have been through;from the medical people what new treatments, discoveries have been made and the potential for us all.

I have been unable to particiapate in pink bun appeal (although love to eat them) as this coincides with my waiting for Breastscreen results & surgery on 24th May. Silly really as I am now almost 6 years since surgery and over 4 since infusions & radiotherapy complete.

At least I was not as stressed for my 5th post surgery annual review recently as I am in a better headspace now and very happy with the amazing results I have had with Lymphoedema treatment in the past year.

The main thing is to try be positive, do what we can & can what we can't.

Carol

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Faye-interestingly, I was ready to actually attend my first BCNA forum at about the same stage of post diagnosis as you! Before that I received and contributed my stories and photos to the Beacon but I didn't want any more involvement than that. One day I said to my mum that I felt I really needed to chat to people who really understood what I had been going through. I cried my way through the forum ( I wasn't actually crying for any particular reason but I think I was overwhelmed by support and understanding!) and remember asking the BCNA staff if I would ever be able to come to one of these things without getting so emotional! Anyway, the next day I was agreeing to train as a community liaison with BCNA...an involvement that had never crossed my mind. Now I am 5 years since diagnosis and have an admiration for the girls at BCNA and it's members that is beyond belief! I Love my involvement with BCNA. It has enriched my life in so many ways. I hope we will meet at the conference. Xxx
  • LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Faye-interestingly, I was ready to actually attend my first BCNA forum at about the same stage of post diagnosis as you! Before that I received and contributed my stories and photos to the Beacon but I didn't want any more involvement than that. One day I said to my mum that I felt I really needed to chat to people who really understood what I had been going through. I cried my way through the forum ( I wasn't actually crying for any particular reason but I think I was overwhelmed by support and understanding!) and remember asking the BCNA staff if I would ever be able to come to one of these things without getting so emotional! Anyway, the next day I was agreeing to train as a community liaison with BCNA...an involvement that had never crossed my mind. Now I am 5 years since diagnosis and have an admiration for the girls at BCNA and it's members that is beyond belief! I Love my involvement with BCNA. It has enriched my life in so many ways. I hope we will meet at the conference. Xxx
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello, this is my first posting on this network.   I am very much looking forward to attending the "Strength to Strength" Conference in October.

I would like to connect to other women who, like myself, have had both metastatic Breast AND Ovarian Cancer.   Don't personally know anyone else who has had this.

Thankfully, I am 8 years since first diagnosed and still here to enjoy a great quality of life, even though I lost my darling husband 2 years ago who was a fantastic support.

Hope to meet EVERYONE but particularly someone else in my situation.

Please let me know if you have had a similar diagnosis.   Thanks.

• Jeanette
    Jeanette Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello, this is my first posting on this network.   I am very much looking forward to attending the "Strength to Strength" Conference in October.

I would like to connect to other women who, like myself, have had both metastatic Breast AND Ovarian Cancer.   Don't personally know anyone else who has had this.

Thankfully, I am 8 years since first diagnosed and still here to enjoy a great quality of life, even though I lost my darling husband 2 years ago who was a fantastic support.

Hope to meet EVERYONE but particularly someone else in my situation.

Please let me know if you have had a similar diagnosis.   Thanks.