Been a while!

Options
Al
Al Member Posts: 325
edited March 2012 in Day to day

Hi all you lovely ladies in pink lady land!

I haven't posted for a while which with me usually means things are going well and I'm busy. I have 6 more radiotherapy sessions to go! Time has flown but I'm well and truly over it. My skin has been brilliant even though I usually have sensitive skin. I'm applying sorbolene twice a day which I'm sure is helping. So far so good. It's a little red and brown under my arm but otherwise fine!

I also started tamoxifen on the 12th Jan but have forgotten to take 4 along the way!! Is this a problem? I'm too scared to bring this up with my oncologist! Feel like a naughty school kid!

Off to see the oncologist tomorrow so I will discuss what happens after radiotherapy ie follow up scans, mammogram, surgeon. I'm also having herceptin tomorrow ( 3 weekly until Oct)

Feeling positive but still these things are always in the back of my mind. Has it gone? As my 1st anniversary ( May 26) appoaches I am getting just a little nervous. I'm sure things will be fine.

Thinking of you all and wishing you all the best on your journeys welcome to all the newbies!

Take care,

Love Alison xxx

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm glad to hear your skin is holding out.I have sensitive skin too and mine never broke down,although my boob was glowing like a hot plate in the end. I'm no expert on Tamoxifen but I look at it this way- there are some women on this site who's cancer has come back despite religiously taking Tamoxifen so there are no guarantees anyway. If you slip up a day here or there it shouldn't matter too much because the Tamoxifen stays in your system for awhile.Still,it doesn't hurt to check with your oncologist for future reference. I will be having my 2 year anniversary mammo and checkup in May so we can be anxious together. I've learnt NOT to have these things done just before a big holiday!   Good luck with starting Hercepton- trying new drugs for the first time can be a worry but I'm sure you'll be fine. You have been so positive and amazing. I hope there'll be some celebrating in a weeks time when radio is over.Better still,a nice present to yourself!

Take care,  love Tonya xx

• Susan Schuback
    Susan Schuback Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Al,

I'm glad to hear you are feeling so much better and you are nearly finished with rads! :-)  Excellent news....I have been travelling rather well myself, now that everything is all done with my treatment.  My husbands work has tranferred over to Perth central so with any luck he will be working back over there on the rigs again too infact i'm sure he will be.....which leaves the thought of whether we will move back to Perth or not.....I don't know how i'll go transferring all my medical info but I'll never let that hold me back any how!  :-)

Anyways I hope you keep on doing well Ali,

Brightest Blessings, Susan xxx

• Al
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your lovely reply. I went to see my oncologist yesterday and mentioned the tamoxifen. He didn't seem very pleased!  Felt like a naughty school girl in the Principal's office! He said as long as it's not too many and consecutive. Phew! Next stop my surgeon for follow ups. This will be my first since my op in June. I thought it would be sooner. My oncologist seemed a little distracted and not his usual friendly self. Maybe because it was Friday afternoon and previously I'd always seen him in the morning. Finding it hard finding some good doctors who will listen. Th radio oncologist have all been quite abrupt and very clinical.

Anyway enough about me! Have a terrific trip and I look forward to hearing all your travel news. Please take care and enjoy!!

Love Alison xx

• Al
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your lovely message Susan!  It would be lovely to have you in Perth! See what happens. I'm struggling to find support groups north of the river. I'm also working full time which makes it hard too.

I'm feeling very well and had a visit to my oncologist yesterday. He seemd very happy with my progress but not as friendly as normal. Maybe because it was Friday afternoon.

Take care dear lady and keep in touch,

Love Alison xxx

• pennyb
    pennyb Member Posts: 176
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nice to read your blog, happy to hear you are going along well. I start radiation on Tuesday. Soooo happy to be finished with chemo. I even got back on my treadmill today for the first time since starting taxotere. It was a tough slog.
    Much love
    Penny xx