Clinical trial for early breast cancer ER positive, HER2 negative

GorgyS
GorgyS Member Posts: 135
Wondering if anyone is on trial for CAMBRIA-2 for ER+/Her2 -, early breast cancer. Has anyone had any experience they can share? Thank you 

Comments

• apples56
    apples56 Member Posts: 6
    I joined the trial and was randomised onto the standard treatment arm. I personally like the extra check ups and monitoring  at no cost to me, including medication.
  • GorgyS
    Thank you @apples56. I really appreciate your response. I have read through the information sent to me (23 pages) and will have a chat with the research nurse today in the afternoon. It was a bit of a shock because my oncologist never mentioned this before and gave me a prescription for letrozole to start on 12 August. I understand that I can be randomized to the standard arm, but I am not sure that I want to participate in the tests beforehand. Initially, I thought, why not participate and be monitored for free? But aren't all others monitored for being on standard medication? I am really tired of going through all the treatments and wanted to have a break from the tests that the trial will involve. I cannot make a decision easily, but maybe the chat with the nurse will help me decide.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 8,056
    edited August 5
    Terrific that you are comfy with being on the trial @apples56 - feel free to jump onto the NEWLY DIAGNOSED category & tell us your story so far ... your diagnosis & treatment so far - then you'll have dedicated replies relating to you - and it almost becomes like a diary!  ;)  
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/categories/newly-diagnosed

@GorgyS - try and talk to as many as you can re the trial - definitely ask your BC Nurse and also ask your onc if THEY would go on it, if in your shoes.  Would they suggest it to a family member to go on it?  If they hesitate, you've got your answer ...

I know I was offered no radiation (as a trial on 'early BC) and I said no - I wanted to do as much as I could to hit the beast on the head! ;)  

Take care

• apples56
    apples56 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks @arpie
  • GorgyS
    Thank you so much, @arpie. I am leaning more towards saying no than yes. There is too much to consider for the trial. I have already gone through the full treatment and I kind of need a break from additional testing. It's too much for something unknown.