Surgery

Options
adelaide
adelaide Member Posts: 15
edited April 18 in General discussion
Has surgery last week for DCIS mastectomy and implant and other  side made to match my new boob. 
Found out yesterday that there was a 1 cm cancerous growth that hadn’t shown up on any of the scans,feeling so lucky that I had routine mammograms and that DCIS was found so early
so grateful to Austin Health for their care they gave me and will continue to do,all I need now is to see the oncologist to commence a very low dose of hormone therapy and have regular mamograms for the next five years as well as normal post op checks.
Diagnosed December 17 2023 operation April 10.

Our public hospitals get so much criticism but in my case I cannot but sing praise to all I came in contact with. 🩷🩷
Thankyou Austin Health and The Olivia Newton John Wellness Centre.🩷🩷🩷🩷
Thinking of all here that don’t get the outcome that I have been lucky to have.🩷🩷

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,600
    Options
    Wow, that was lucky the unseen one was caught as well, @adelaide.  I hope you are recovering well from your surgery xx   And terrific that you are happy with all your treatment & surgery so far.  The Austin has a fabulous name.

Make sure you don't do anything strenuous for a little while as you heal .... that includes house cleaning!!  ;) 

Whack up any queries you may have on any stage of your treatment (past, present & ongoing) & all going well, we'll be able to help you 

Take care & all the best 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,377
    Options
    Thanks @adelaide for a positive story. We can easily understand the distress when all isn’t as it should be but it’s easy to
    be thankful too quietly. The good stories are probably the most common ones so they are worth hearing about. Best wishes. 
  • adelaide
    adelaide Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Thankyou so much.